Chapter Nine

I woke up to the sound of knocking at my bedroom door, I groaned rolling over snuggling closer to Emily.

"You know she's not gonna go away..." Emily whispers pulling me closer.

"I know but I wanna stay here with you" she chuckles and nudges me away from her.

"Just see what she wants" I groan and get up slipping on some shorts and a hoodie before padding over to the door, I crack it open peeking out.

"Yes?" I ask Garcia.

"Did you just wake up?" She gives me a confused look.

"Yeah.. What time is it?"

"1 o'clock in the afternoon" I hear Emily curse and jump out of the bed. "Is that Emily?" She asks trying to peep around me into the room.

"Uh yeah.." I say blushing as I step out of the room and into the hallway with her.

"OH, when did she get here?" I roll my eyes because she knows that answer.

"Around 1-2 this morning" she smirks and I push pass her going to the kitchen to get coffee.

"So.. What did you girls get into?"

"Wouldn't you like to know" we sit there talking and drinking coffee when Emily comes into the living room fully dressed.

"Hey, you leaving?" I ask running my eyes over her.

"Uh yeah.. I have to uh see Spence about something, I'll call you later?"

"Uh yeah, that's fine.." I get up and walk her to the door. "I'll miss you"

"I'll miss you too baby" she leans down and presses a kiss against my lips, I smile and pull away.

"Bye"

"Bye" I watch as she walks down to the elevator not closing the door until she's out of my sight.

"That was weird.." Pen says once I get back to the living room.

"What's weird?" My head tilted in confusion.

"That she wakes up and automatically leaves. I mean.. I don't know, maybe I'm reading into things."

"She said she had to go see Spence, she's been worried about him"

"Just be careful JJ"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"Where have you been Emily? We've been waiting here almost all day!" My mom says as I walk into my dorm room.

"I overslept I'm sorry! Why are you guys here anyways?" I ask standing there with my arms crossed. I just want to go back to sleep.

"We are moving along with you and Spencer" I stood there staring at them with a blank look on my face.

"Excuse me?"

"Once you and Spencer arrive back to the states you have to pack up your belongs and meet us in Greece, that's my new position for a while"

"I don't think I'm understanding you.. What about school and my softball scholarship?! I can't throw that all away, I've worked too hard!"

"I've already spoken to your school and we've found a good university in Greece for you that everything will transfer to along with your softball scholarship, you'll pick up right where you left off"

"Spencer say something!" I said looking over at him.

"I really don't have a say Em.. I'm still a minor unfortunately.." I sigh as tears threatened to fall. I was so angry and upset, what am I gonna do about Jennifer?

"Emily everything is final, as long as we are paying for your schooling you follow us." I shook my head looking at all of them before storming into my room slamming and locking the door. I stripped and went into the bathroom, I turned the shower on to the hottest setting. I stepped in and the let the water burn my skin, I didn't even flinch once it touched my skin. I don't remember how long I stood there but the water started turning cold and I hurried up and washed my body before hopping out.

I dried off and went back to my room to get dress and get into bed. I turned my phone off and closed my eyes laying in the dark.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

May 16th, 2010
University of Amsterdam

I haven't heard or seen Emily in 3 days, last time I went by her dorm room Derek said she wasn't there even after begging him to let me in the dorm room.

Her phone was going staring to voicemail, she wasn't reading any of my messages and she wasn't even walking around campus. Hell she wasn't even showing up to the volunteer work anymore. Maybe Pen was right...

I was walking back to my dorm room when I saw Spencer walking with his head in a book.

"Spencer!!" I said jogging over to him. He froze and stared at me as I came closer. He looked nervous.

"Hey JJ, what's up?"

"What's up? Where's Emily?"

"U-u-uh, s-s-he" he said stuttering.

"Breathe first please" he took a deep breath.

"She hasn't been feeling good. Maybe she caught the flu, I haven't seen her" I cocked an eye brow at him frowning.

"You haven't seen her? How do you know she's sick then? Her phone has been going to voicemail"

"I spoke to Derek down at the library"

"But wouldn't he have to stay in the dorm until she's better so he won't spread it?" He started chewing on his lip trying to come up with a reply because he knows I'm right.

"Look.. I'm not suppose to tell you anything, I swore to her, she'll tell you when she's ready.."

"Tell me what? Is she okay?"

"She's.. She'll be okay"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I woke up to loud voices, I strained to hear who it was. My brain still foggy.

"Derek let me see her!" I heard Jennifer yell. I knew she would come back sooner or later. I'm going to have to tell her eventually. I got up and slipped on a hoodie, I didn't even bother slipping pants over my boxers. I padded out to the living room. She stopped talking once she saw me.

Derek turned towards me, "I'm sorry Emily, I tried to stop her"

"It's okay D, here" I hand him my black card "Take Spencer and go get some food" he looked between Jennifer and I before nodding and grabbing his stuff leaving.

We stood there in silence for a few minutes before she said something, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah.. W-we just need to talk.."

"Okay.."

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Damn, she gotta tell Jennifer 🥺

This is gonna break her heart!

Stay tuned babies ♥️