Chapter Eighteen

We were the last ones to make it to the table. We said grace and dug into the food. Everything was going great actually. The questions didn't start until dessert came.

"So, Emily. Tell us about yourself" my mom said as we sat around eating cake.

"Well, I'm 20 years old. I attend Howard University and I'm the captain of the softball team there"

"Oh, what's your major?"

"Criminal Justice, I wanna join the SWAT team."

"Oh wow. How do your parents feel about that?" I sighed because my parents hate the idea of me going into the FBI.

"Well, they don't hate it. They respect every career."

"I see, what do they do?" She chewed her lip then looked at me. I nodded my head. My parents wouldn't think differently of her.

"My mom is the U.S. Ambassador and my dad is just into politics." I saw their eyes widen. "She wanted me to go into politics to eventually be like her but I refused."

"Wow, that seems interesting. How did you and Jenny meet?" She looked at me.

"We met in Amsterdam mom. Then we became friends, well our whole group did. You know Pen and Tara?"

"Yes, I remember them. But why are you just here Emily? I mean, you obviously took a plane to get here"

"I, uh. You see.."

"Mom. Emily and I are seeing each other.." she looked at me squinting her eyes. "Romantically. Maybe, I don't know but we are seeing each other" I blurted out.

"Excuse me?" My dad said. I swallowed hard looking at him. She grabbed my hand under the table.

"Sir, that's kinda why I'm here. I wanted to meet you guys first before I asked Jennifer to be my girlfriend.. I really do care for your daughter and I understand that this is probably weird and new for you guys but I assure you that I will treat her with nothing but respect" Emily said. I looked at her with tears in my eyes. Will never liked my parents and I'm still trying to figure out what I saw in him. Emily just makes sense.

"Well, this is weird but a good weird. I knew Jenny always liked girls.. It was only a matter of time. I respect you for flying here to do this. You have my blessing even though you didn't need it" we looked at my dad. I chewed on my lip as I studied him. He wasn't saying anything.

"Emily what's your real intentions with my daughter? I know how you diplomat children are." My dad started. I sighed.

"Daddy"

"No, it's okay. Sir, I plan to make Jennifer the happiest shes ever been. I know about her past relationship and she also knows about mine. I told you I hate politics so I don't consider myself a diplomats child. If and when we ever get married, I'm more than capable of taking care of us. I own the water brand Just Water. My intentions are to care and love her for as long as I can. Even though we haven't gotten to the love stage yet, I still care for her deeply."

"Jenny?"

"Yes daddy?"

"Do you really like her?"

"I do."

"I give my blessing then" I jumped up and went over to him throwing my arms around his neck.

"Thank you daddy. You're going to love her!" We finished our desserts and talked some more before we went back upstairs. She threw herself on the bed sighing.

"That was intense" I chuckled and climbed on top of her, her hands went to my thighs rubbing on them.

"It was interesting to say the less. So.."

"So.." I see her smirking up at me.

"Ask me.." I say saying looking down at her. She sits up so we are face to face. "Ask me"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I grab her face. A smile spreads across my face.

"Yes I'll be your girlfriend"

"Good because this would've been awkward if you said no." I feel her reach into her pocket and pull out a box. I grab it and open it. I gasp looking at the ring.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful. Here, put it on me" she pulls the ring out and I hold my right hand out. She slides it on my finger and kisses it.

"Ah! I have to show Tara and Pen!!" I scream grabbing my phone. She sighs and falls back against the bed. She rolls her eyes smiling as the girls and I scream on the phone together as I tell them about dinner and the ring.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I woke up around 3AM to Emily playing the game with Derek. She wasn't being loud but I could tell she wasn't asleep.

"Hey" I called out. She paused the game and turned towards me. "Are y'all almost done? I miss you" she chuckles and nods her head. I get up and go into the bathroom to use it. I get done and come back out. She's sitting on the bench I have in front of my bed. I walk by throwing my night shirt at her.

"Come to bed" I say. She tells Derek bye and turns the game off. She comes up behind me and grabs my boobs while she kisses on my neck.

"You're such a bad girl. Wanting me to fuck you in your parents house"

"That makes it even better. Can you keep me quiet?" I ask her turning around and laying on the bed. I sit up on my elbows staring at her. "Are you coming?" She nods and climbs on the bed laying between my legs.

She spent the next two hours trying to keep me quiet. It wouldn't look good to be caught by my parents especially when they don't know about her not so little friend.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

They're finally together 🥰 we are gonna spend one more chapter with the Jareau family then it's back to school.

I hope you guys are enjoying this book! 💖