Chapter Eleven

May 30th, 2010
University of Amsterdam

Today is the day we are leaving back to the states. I've been sulking in my room the last two days trying to get over Emily. I knew once we got back I wouldn't have much time with her. Ever since I found out she was leaving we've spent everyday together. Doing volunteer work, napping together, going on dates, literally anything! Now, I have to say goodbye.

"Jayje! Emily is here!" Garcia yelled to me. I got up running into the living room.

"Hi" I said giving her a small wave.

"Hey, you wanna walk me out? I gotta head out" I slipped on my shoes and followed her out the door. I stayed quiet the whole way down the elevator. When we got outside Spencer was already down there standing beside a black SUV. I stood there with my head down trying to hold in tears. I didn't want to say bye.

"Jennifer.. Baby." I looked up at her as a tear rolled down my face, she stepped forward wrapping her arms around me. I wrapped my arms around her neck crying into her shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you.."

"I'm gonna miss you too Jennifer, but this isn't a goodbye, it's more of a see you later" she said with a smile, I nodded smiling back sadly.

"Okay, you wait on me Emily Prentiss"

"I should be saying that to you" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm already yours Emily.."

"I know and I want you to take this" she reached behind her neck unclasping her necklace before clasping it around mine. "Now I have a reason to come back, it's my lucky charm" I grabbed her face smashing our lips together.

"See you later"

"See you later Jennifer" we kissed again before she pulled away walking over to the car. She turned and waved at me before climbing into the car, I stayed there until the car pulled away, tears running down my face. I wiped them away and turned heading back inside, my fingers playing with the necklace.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"So you're really not going to Greece?" Spencer asked as the driver drove us to the airport.

"No, I talked with mom and dad about my schooling, I told them all the pros of me staying in the states to finish my college education here instead of there."

"Did you tell them about JJ?"

"No.. I didn't want them to think that she will be like Grace, she's different. I've never felt this way before. Plus she's in college too and captain of the soccer team, we both have that same motivation about school" he sighed and started fidgeting with a string on his pants. I smiled and reached down covering it with my hand.

"Just because I'm not gonna be with you doesn't mean anything. You're still my bestfriend Spence, I'm always gonna be here. I'm a phone call, text, and FaceTime call away. You're my brother" she smiled at him his face turning red.

"You're my bestfriend too Em" I wrapped my arm around his shoulders pulling him to me. We stayed that way the rest of the way to the airport. I had so much to accomplish once I get off the plane. My things were already at the apartment I got. I transferred my scholarship back to Howard, along with all my academics.

The apartment I found was right in the middle of both of our schools, so she could come over on the weekends and stay with me then return back to her dorm until she's comfortable enough living with me. I got two bedrooms because Derek would be moving in with me. My parents actually paid my rent for a year and they're still paying my phone bill. Derek would be coming home later in the week after visiting his folks in Chicago.

I couldn't wait to surprise Jennifer tonight.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

"It's gonna suck without her P, I mean we basically spent all month together. I don't care that she's rich or that her mom is an ambassador, I liked her before I knew all of that. I know she's my person, I just know it" I said to Penelope later that night as we talked on FaceTime. I was putting my clothes away and throwing the dirty ones aside.

"I know JJ.. But, she's gonna be in Greece for at least 3 years, you can't wait around forever.." I sighed and started playing with the necklace Emily gave me.

"I know but I want to.. It's not like I'm gonna go out and fuck random people."

"I mean I'm not saying you should so that but you can't wait around for her forever. I want what's best for you Jayje and you know that"

"I know Pen and that's why you're my bestfriend and I love you"

"I love you too Jayje, but look Derek is calling so I'll text you later" I rolled my eyes chuckling.

"Okay Pen goodnight!"

"Goodnight!" as soon as I hung up my phone started ringing again. It was Emily.

"Hello?" I said answering it through my headphones.

"Hey, what are you doing right now?"

"I'm putting my clothes away at moment. Why?"

"Can you go to 750 3rd St NW? I left you a surprise there"

"Uh.. Should I be scared?" I said as I went around my room getting dressed.

"No, you can even stay on the phone with me. I promise you it's nothing bad. You might like it.. I hope you like it"

"Okay but I swear if I pull up and something happens, I'll haunt you for the rest of your life" she let out a loud laugh on the other end and I smiled at hearing it. God I'm gonna miss her.

I finished getting ready and I grabbed my purse and keys leaving, the phone pressed against my ear. Once I got in the car I hooked her up to the Bluetooth and made my way to the address.

....

"Oh my god!" I said as I pulled up. I put the car in park and jumped out as fast as I could, I ran with everything I had in me.

"You're here"

"I'm here Jennifer" I wrapped my arms tightly around her neck as she held me around the waist. We stayed like that for a few before I pulled away.

"How?"

"Go turn your car off and we will go upstairs and talk okay?" I nodded and went back to my car turning it off and grabbing everything I needed before Emily and I headed upstairs.

Maybe I wasn't losing her after all.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

SURPRISE! Emily is staying in Washington.

Also, my dumbass realized that Yale and Georgetown are 5 hours apart 🤦🏾‍♀️

So, Emily is now at Howard University and Jennifer is still at Georgetown.

Jennifer also stays alone in student housing on her scholarship. Pen and Tara stay together.

Rossi and Hotch are showing up soon!

Thank you for reading this story! 💖🥺🥴