Chapter Two

January 6th, 2011
Washington, D.C.

When I arrived home, I took everything upstairs to our room and put everything away before heading into the bathroom to take a quick shower. I had to wash the nerves away. It was currently 7:30PM and Emily was scheduled to be back by 8:30PM. I stood in the shower washing the day away as I thought about how much my life has changed and is going to change in the near future. We had a wedding to prepare, I was doing real estate now and we still have to finish and graduate from college. I didn't expect my twenties to be like this.

After I got out of the shower, I moisturized my skin with my new body butter I bought today and I sprayed a little perfume on and got dressed in one of her shirts. I laid down in bed and soon after I was fast asleep; by accident of course.

...

I walked into the house finally after a long day at the new office. I was so ready to see Jennifer and hold her in my arms. That's always my favorite part of the day. Getting to see her and talk to her. I made my way upstairs taking my tie off, letting myself bask in the warmth of the house and the cinnamon fragrance Pen had going around the house. It had started to snow outside a little bit too, just enough to dust the ground and keep the Christmas vibes around.

When I walked into the room, a small smile came across my face. Jennifer was curled up in one of my old school shirts, clutching my pillow tightly. Her blonde hair falling over her eyes. I stripped out my shoes and clothes and climbed into the bed behind her. I scooted as close as I could and threw my arm across her. I buried my face in her hair and took a deep breath, taking in her scent. She moved a little in her sleep and I pulled her tighter to me. Just basking in her warmth.

"Hi" I heard her whisper out

"Hi" I said back, not moving my face from her hair. We laid there for a while before I heard her breathing evening out again. I closed my eyes and both fell into a deep sleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

I woke up around 11 PM to the sound of Jennifer throwing up. I jumped up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom,

"Hey, you okay?" I asked getting her a cold towel and kneeling down beside her. I laid it on the back of her neck and rubbed her back as she dried heaved a little.

"Yeah, I'm fine" she said flushing the toilet. I helped her up and over to the sink. I leaned against it watching her clean up a little.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked following her back into the room.

"I didn't want to wake you baby. You had a long day and the last thing I wanted was to bother you"

"Baby, you could never bother me. Are you feeling okay? Any fever?" I started feeling around her face and forehead for any signs of a fever. Checking her neck for anything. She chuckles and grabs my hands, stopping me.

"I'm fine baby but there is something I want to talk to you about..." she said nervously.

"Okay, shoot" I sat on the bench we had in the front of our bed and watched as she paced a little.

"Okay, I don't know how to say this and I know it's probably not the best time because trust me, it's not. But, you know things happen. It's a new year, we have things going for us; we have friends, family, and TIME. Time is going to be very important here. Did you know time was invented 14 billion years ago? That's ver—"

"Baby, where is this going?" She stood there looking at me. She then took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second, "Jennifer, what is it?"

"I'm pregnant!" She blurred out, "I know it's not the best time right now with you opening up the new office and this being our final semester in college. We have a wedding to plan and I don't even know how to be a mom!" I stood up and took her into my arms, swaying for a moment before stepping back.

I took her face into my hands and looked at her with tears in my eyes, a smile forming on my face.

"You're pregnant? Like deadass?"

"Deadass baby, we are going to have a baby" I stood there for a moment before I picked her up,

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY!! LETS FUCKING GO!!" She laughed as I spun her around, her arms and legs wrapped tightly around me.

"You're not upset?" She asked as I finally calmed down.

"Why would I be mad? I'm— I— I don't even know the words to express how I'm feeling right now. My heart is pounding, I literally want to shout it from the roof tops! We're having a baby!!"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

And there it is!! THEY'RE HAVING A BABY!!

A quick little update from me and the gang. Nothing too exciting, just wanted to make some pop 😂 let me stop frfr.

Look ya girl about to do big shit! I'm trying to go viral and get my name in big bold ass letters somewhere!! Tell Paget and AJ to hit my line real quick 🥰

Let me know how life's been treating y'all' much love Jay ✌🏾✌🏾✨

ALSO HAVE A BLESSED NEW YEARS IF WE DONT SPEAK AGAIN.