Chapter Three

January 10th, 2011
Washington, D.C.

It's been 3 days since I told Emily we were expecting; we still haven't told anyone yet. We wanted to keep this under wraps for as long as we could or at least until we know the baby is actually a baby and healthy.

I had my first OBGYN appointment today to make sure that I'm actually pregnant before we release the news to our family and friends.

"Emily will you sit still? Please." I said to Emily as she paced the room. We were waiting for the doctor to come back and give us the test results. I knew I was pregnant because my boobs have been tender and I've been sick nonstop.

"I'm sorry, I'm just nervous. I don't want it to be negative, I can already picture us as parents and raising this child"

"I'm nervous too baby but it's going to be positive, I know it"

We sat there talking for another 5 minutes before a knock sounded and our doctor walked in,

"You're pregnant! Congratulations!"

"See, I told you Emily, so what happens now?"

"Now, we are going to get a little look on the ultrasound at this little bundle of joy and schedule you for next month when you're further along" I laid back on the exam table as Dr. Smith got the machine ready. I was so excited to get a picture of our baby.

"Everything is looking good, we won't be able to hear a heartbeat for a while and or of course know the gender. There are test available to find out sooner, if you're interested. I would like for you to also schedule a genetic test since Emily is intersex, it's a precaution. I'm going to prescribe some prenatal for you as well. Any questions?"

"No, all good here doc."

"Wonderful, again, congratulations. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always stop by the office or call my personal line. You ladies have a wonderful day and Emily tell your parents I said hello"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

"I can't believe we are having a baby, it still feels like a dream" Emily said as we made our way to downtown DC for lunch. We were meeting up with her parents to tell them the news.

"I know, I didn't expect it this early but I'm thankful. The sooner the better, I guess."

"That's how I see it, the sooner, the better. We are comfortable in our lives, we have the finances to have a baby, we have amazing people to support us and we have each other. This baby will be loved for years, centuries to come. We have nothing to worry about baby" she laid her hand on my thigh, I grabbed it and squeezed it.

Emily is truly one of a kind and I know I always say that, but it's true. She's been the most amazing person ever to love.

...

We finally made it to BLT Steak DC, one of our favorite places to eat at when Emily's parents are in town, mostly because the bill is always on them, HAHA. After we hand our car over to the valet, we make our way inside to meet up with them.

"Oh girls! It's so lovely to see you!" Emily's mom said, getting up to greet us.

"Hi mom, dad. Thank you for agreeing to meet with us. I know you have to head out of the country soon but we wanted to see you" we all took our seats and ordered drinks.

"So, what's this meeting all about?" Edward said, I grabbed Emily's had under the table.

"Well.. Jennifer's pregnant!" Emily said.

"OH! That's such wonderful news! A grandchild!" Liz got up and came around to give us a hug, followed by Edward, "When did you guys find out?"

"Well, she told me when I got back from New York a few days ago and we were at the doctors before we came here. She's about a few weeks along, so this was just a confirmation appointment for us."

"Well, I, for one am very excited about this news. Does anyone else know?" Liz asked.

"Well, I'm going to FaceTime my parents as soon as we get home then of course tell the group, we wanted you guys to be the first to know, especially since you're going away for a few months, we didn't want you to find out on the news or just word of mouth." I said

"You've always been my favorite Jennifer" Edward said, i smiled his way because he's the best second dad I've ever known. He treats me like a daughter when my dad can't be around, our child is going to be lucky to have him as a grandfather.

We sat there and chatted and ate for about two hours before we had to wrap so they could head out. We said our goodbyes in the restaurant and outside as we waited for the cars. Parting ways for a few months. Emily and I climbed into our car and headed towards home.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Once we made it home, I called my parents along with Emily beside me, so we could share the good news and they were equally excited. My mom sobbing with a big smile at the thought of her first grandchild, my dad looking on with tears in his eyes as he realizes that his little girl is becoming a mother. After hanging up with them, we went downstairs were Tara, Derek, and Pen were hanging out watching TV.

"Well, if it isn't the lovers, what's with the meeting you called?" Derek asked as he relaxed on the couch.

"Well, we have some news we wanted to share before it got out on social media"

"Oh god! What is it?!" Pen asked looking worried.

"It's nothing bad Pen but.. WE'RE PREGNANT!" I said, everyone's faces went through many expressions as they took in the news. Pen was the first one over to us, gripping us in a big hug followed by Tara and Derek.

"It's about time!" Derek said, "I thought y'all were gonna let me die before y'all had a baby"

"Oh! This is so exciting! I'm going to be an aunt! Ohhh! We have to go shopping, we have to decorate the room, get some stuffed animals!" Pen said as she paced around naming off everything we have to do. We all laughed at her and let her be her as we sat there talking and joking around.

Tara, Pen, and I were already talking designs for the baby room, I was hoping we would have a little boy honestly. Don't get me wrong, I WOULD LOVE A GIRL but I want to be that cliche family that has a boy first so he can protect our little girl, kinda sexist, I know.

We stay around the living room until about 3 o'clock in the morning before we said goodnight to everyone.

We made our way upstairs to get ready for bed, Emily turning the bed down while I went into the bathroom to get ready. I stared at myself in the mirror, looking at my stomach, trying to find even the smallest bump.

"You know, if you stare at it, it's never going to grow" Emily said coming up behind me.

"I know, I just can't believe that I'm pregnant, I'm about to legit grow a human being that YOU put inside of me"

"I feel like Spence would definitely correct you scientifically about that process and speaking of Spence, he's coming to visit for a few weeks. I wanted to share the news with him in person"

"I've missed him, when will he be in?" We made our way into the room, climbing into bed.

"He will land around 7pm tonight actually. We managed to find him a pretty early flight with mom's connections since her plane is being used"

"I'll have to cook for him than" we cuddled close together, our bodies tangled together.

"I love you baby, goodnight"

"I love you too baby, goodnight" we shared a kiss before closing our eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

Ugh!! I can't believe they're going to be parents!

What kind of parents should they be? How do YOU picture them.

I'm coming back! IVE MISSED YOU GUYS 🥺🫶🏾