Chapter Twenty

August 20th, 2010
Washington D.C.
Howard University

They showed up during my practice. It was a terrible practice after that. My parents hated me playing sports, and they're still upset about me not following in their footsteps. I jogged over to them after coach called it quits.

"Hey mom, dad. What are you guys doing here?" I waved at Spence as he stood towards the back.

"I had a meeting with President Obama, so we decided to come and ask you to join us for dinner along with your lovely friend Jennifer. If she's free that is. Dinner will be at 8:30PM. It's at our favorite place, RPM Italian." My stomach growled at hearing that. As much as I didn't want to go, my stomach couldn't turn it down.

"Okay, yeah. I'll ask her as soon as I get back home. She's at practice I believe." We talked some more before they left. Spence stayed back with me like he always does.

"How's Greece? Any cute girls?" I asked him as we headed to my car. He blushed stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Uh, Greece is cool. Fun fact! Columns are very symbolic of Greek architecture. There are three main types of columns used to build Greek temples and structures. They are Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian!" I smiled and listened to him talk as we made our way back to my apartment. Most people would get annoyed by it but I love it.

"Hey, call me when you get done with practice"

I was nervous about Jennifer meeting my parents again. I love her parents, very different from mine.

Spence and I sat around the living chit chatting here and there while I played the game of course. Derek was still at football practice then probably going out with Pen.

I immediately picked up my phone when Jennifer called, "Hello?"

"Hey baby, you wanted me to call you?" I smiled at hearing her voice. It's so angelic.

"Hey, so my parents are in town. And they asked us to dinner tonight. Only if you're free? It's at 8:30.."

"Yeah! I would love to go to dinner with you guys. Pick me up?"

"Of course baby, what are you doing?"

"Walking back to my dorm. I have some homework to do before I get ready. How was practice?"

"It sucked, coach ended it early because I wasn't doing good. My parents showing up distracted me. I know I'll get chewed out tomorrow"

"I'm sorry, how about I come home with you tonight and make it all better?"

"I think I can make that happen.." we talked until she got back to her dorm room then we hung up so she could do some homework. Spence and I went out to a few stores to kill time. I also got him his first smartphone because I can't go without seeing my baby brothers face for months on end.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

I was so nervous to meet Emily's parents again. Her mom didn't like me and her dad, well her dad doesn't really say much. Once I got back to my dorm, I stripped and jumped into the shower, one less thing I'll have to do. After that I did my skin care routine then sat at my desk to do my homework.

It was 7PM by the time I finished all my work for the day. I knew Emily would be here at about 7:45pm. I decided on a black dress paired with my black leather jacket and the red bottoms Emily had bought me. I put everything I needed into my clutch purse. I fixed my hair and sprayed perfume.

"I'm here" - Emily ❤️

I smiled when I saw her name. It was 7:40pm. I grabbed everything I needed and headed downstairs. I waved at Spence as he moved to the backseat. "Hi baby" I said to Emily leaning over to give her a kiss. She looked so sexy in her outfit.

"Hi, you look amazing" I flash a smile her way.

"Hi Spence!" I said turning in my seat to see him. "You're looking good" he blushes and smiles at me.

"Thank you JJ. Uh, you look good as well"

"You aren't trying to steal my girl are you Spence?" Emily said looking at him through the mirror.

"I, uh. NO!"

"It's not stealing if I'm willing to go" I wink at him before straightening up in my seat. Emily rolls her eyes and puts the car in drive heading towards the restaurant.

...

My parents were already seated when we arrived at the restaurant. They got up and did their normal fake greetings before we sat down to eat. I kept a hand on Jennifer's thigh the whole time.

"So Jennifer, how's school going?" My mom asked once we had our food.

"It's going well, thanks for asking. I actually got an internship with the FBI Honors Program. I was gonna tell you tonight Emily" I looked at her with a smile on my face.

"That's amazing baby! I'm so proud of you"

"That is wonderful news Jennifer! Director Smith is a family friend of ours. If you need anything you go to him. I mean you are apart of the family" I looked at mom then at Jennifer.

"Yeah she is isn't she?" I guess she got my moms approval after all.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

We didn't make it back to Emily's apartment until 1am, we went out with Spence for a round of bowling and arcade games. It was good to see him and Emily together.

"So, I'm guessing your parents like me now?" I asked Emily as I climbed into bed. I had on one of her night shirts and my thong. She was in the closet getting ready for bed.

"Yes, they approve of you now. My mom is always hard on everyone her first time meeting them. It took her a while to warm up to Grace" she walks out of the closet in her sports bra and boxers. She was throwing her hair into a bun.

"Well even if they didn't approve I was still going to be with you." She gets on the bed and crawls over to me laying between my legs.

"You're such a bad girl"

"Oh, I can show you bad girl"

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMC

Congratulations are in order to our very own Jennifer Jareau, for her internship with the FBI and of course that means meeting new characters!

I hope you are enjoying this story! I would love feed back, so leave a comment telling me your favorite part of this story so far 💖

Stay tuned for more and please do not ask for an update 🤍