Chapter 3

A month has already passed since the funeral.

In the meantime, the relatives often visited with a lawyer because of proxy problems. They have a very strong will to make a living out of the Pesteros Dukedom by any means.

As soon as they all came, they all looked for Dalia. Since they know that they can't convince Hikan.

But Dalia was also desperate. When she grabs Hikan's ankle, there is a dark cloud right in her future. (*t/n: Idiom – To be tightly tied to a certain task and unable to escape from it.)

So every time, she repeated the same thing like a parrot.

"I don't want anybody else except for my brother."

"I like it when my brother becomes the head. I absolutely hate it if others do it."

As a result, there have been widespread rumors in society that the Duke of Pesteros' sister cannot live without her brother.

It was a bit unfair, but considering the original purpose of lowering Hikan's vigilance, it was rather good.

Eventually, due to Dalia's active opposition, they failed to get a proxy. Dalia could now be relieved of this problem.

Thanks to this, she was able to play and have some tea at the residence of a madam that she's close to after a long time.

"Goodness, Dalia. So that's what happened while I was away."

The Duchess of Blueport said warmly.

Dalia watched her pour tea into a teacup with a very graceful movement.

She's now in her early 40s and has very beautiful brown hair. In addition, she is also a transcendent, as one of the four duke families.

I hear her ability is the power to create a huge barrier that blocks everything.

However, before she was able to use her abilities, she suffered burns and lost her husband in a fire accident.

Perhaps because of the trauma, Duchess Blueport always wears gloves and a mask with only her mouth and chin exposed.

She's also very reluctant to touch people.

Not to mention that she stayed out of the society, and even though Dalia had known her for a long time, she never held her hand.

"Aren't you sad because your father died?"

"Honestly, I don't feel anything strange."

"It can happen. It's okay."

The duchess smiled softly and pushed Dalia the freshly poured tea and sweet chocolate chip cookies.

Unlike the nanny, Duchess Blueport used to put sweets into her mouth whenever Dalia looked sad.

'She's a really nice person.'

Dalia took a bite of the chocolate chip cookies and smiled.

Even though they were the same transcendent, Hikan and Duchess Blueport were very different. Dalia had never seen the duchess become nervous or angry.

Besides, to Dalia who has no mother, her relationship with the duchess is very precious.

When the Duke of Pesteros almost abandoned the infant Dalia in grief for losing his wife, the duchess began to take care of her.

The relationship continued until Dalia was 13 years old.

Besides, there was one more reason why she was so precious. Duchess Blueport is a character who never appeared in the original work like Dalia.