Chapter 41

"It's not strange that you don't know. It's not an easy skill to develop."

The Emperor said proudly. Dalia tilted her head.

"In short, I lent you some power. It's an interference to prevent Dalia's power from being manifested to anyone. You can't be wary of anyone you touch when you don't know who you're going to meet right?"

The Emperor took a plain-looking silver ring from the drawer and gave it to Dalia.

"It's power is connected to this ring. If Miss Dalia wants to purify your brother or me, you can take off this ring and touch us."

"Th, thank you!"

Dalia immediately took off her gloves and put the ring on the second finger of her right hand.

It was really a necessary item for her. She was frustrated since she couldn't take off the gloves even during the hot summer.

"Hikan can't make anything like this right?"

Contrary to his playful tone, the Emperor's gaze was warm.

He stroked Dalia's head a few times and looked at Hikan while raising one eyebrow. Hikan couldn't say anything this time either.

The Emperor looked down at Dalia again.

"You're going to greet Cedric, aren't you? I'll tell the servant, so you can follow him. Hikan, you stay."

"......I can't let Dalia go alone."

"You think I'm doing this because I want the two of them to get closer? I need to talk to you about something else, so come here."

"......."

Hikan looked at the Emperor suspiciously.

But can he disobey the Emperor's orders? Dalia tapped Hikan on the back and signaled him to go.

And before he could say anything, she hurriedly bowed to the Emperor and left the room.

As Dalia closed the door and walked out, Hikan's expression became cold.

"Are you trying to tie them together this way?"

He touched his forehead in frustration.

"You don't seem to believe it, but Cedric is not the man who can succeed in a love marriage in the first place. From the moment Miss Dalia said so, the engagement is a failure. I have to find another way to save my son."

"......."

"That child, he doesn't have the emotions that normal humans should have."

The Emperor seemed to have no idea that Cedric had already declared 'I fell in love for the first time' towards Dalia.

Hikan decided to keep it a secret forever.

"Cedric is......."

Meanwhile, the Emperor began to tell Cedric's story, which Hikan did not ask, maybe it was his parents' instinct that eager to talk about his son.

Anyway, it wasn't a bad story to hear. Instead of stopping him, Hikan focused and began to listen to the Emperor.

* * *

Dalia followed the servant to the Imperial Palace's greenhouse.

There was no need to wear gloves anymore because of the ring given by the Emperor. But even if that's not the reason, it was difficult to guard against a person who did not go mad or imprisoned in the original.

Besides, he even helped Dalia and Hikan.

Cedric was reading a book inside the greenhouse. Then he looked at her and closed the book.