Chapter 27

Feeling better, Dalia looked around again while holding Hikan's arm.

The edge table just came into her sight. There was food that could be eaten with hands.

Fruit hardened with sugar syrup, chocolate with jam inside, salmon sandwiches skewered with toothpick and more.

"Brother, can I eat that?"

"Do whatever you want."

Dalia grabbed Hikan's arm, picked up the jam chocolate, and put it in her mouth.

It melts as soon as you put it in.

Dalia smiled in response.

"Do you want to try, brother?"

"......It's okay."

"It's delicious."

She even put what she picked up for Hikan's share in her mouth. This time, there was lemon jam in it, so it tasted sweet and sour.

'Wow, it's great.'

Dalia, who liked sour candies like Aisho(아이셔) in her previous life, was glad to taste it after a long time. (*t/n: is sour candy in Korea. It has many type, jelly, gum, and hard candy. I don't know how to spell it in english haha)

But the third one was blocked by Hikan. He took a handkerchief out and handed it to Dalia.

"It's all over your mouth."

"Oh."

That was embarrassing.

Dalia wiped her mouth thoroughly. Dalia thought that it was fortunate that she didn't wear any makeup.

"Thank you."

Dalia returned the handkerchief.

Just then, it was time for the first dance.

People all posed with their partners. Hikan also put his hand on Dalia's little body. Last time, she couldn't dance because it was delayed due to circumstances and things broke out.

It was Dalia's first official dance.

'I'm not stepping on your foot this time.'

Is it because Dalia was nervous? Hikan leaned down and said in a small voice.

"It wouldn't hurt even if you stepped on my foot anyway."

'If you say it like that, it makes me want to do it.'

Dalia thought to herself. Of course, she didn't have the guts to do it on purpose, so when the dance started, she started to take steps calmly.

Maybe the dance was more familiar than she thought, and she relaxed, her body moved on its own. Dalia talked to Hikan while continuing to take steps.

"Is this your first ball too, brother?"

"No."

"Somehow I thought so."

"Why did you think so?"

"For some reason, brother look good in everything you do for the first time. No matter what you do, you just like 'This is nothing' ."

Dalia purposely made a stern face to imitate Hikan.

Hikan looked like he didn't know how to react. Because of the unexpected response, Dalia burst into laughter. Then he frowned immediately.

"......Why are you laughing?"

"It's nice to dance together."

Actually, it was because it's fun to tease him.