Chapter 7

"......Your Majesty?"

When the Emperor heard it, he hurriedly let go of Dalia's hand, as if he had come to his senses.

But he still looked at his palms with a surprised look. Dalia glanced at Hikan. Even he seemed a little flustered.

"......No, it can't be."

The Emperor muttered to himself and regained his composure. He smiled again at Dalia.

"Sorry, Miss Dalia. I guess I was mistaken for a while."

"It's, it's okay."

She doesn't know the reason, but Dalia shook her head.

The Emperor looked at Dalia, touching his chin with a strange expression.

"By the way, a cute girl like Miss Dalia still doesn't have a fiance yet. What about my son?"

Dalia laughed because she thought it was a joke.

"Thank you for the compliment, Your Majesty."

"It's not a joke. I'm being serious."

But the Emperor answered in a serious tone unexpectedly. Dalia's complexion, which met his eyes head-on, gradually grew pale.

'Uh, uh, eehh?'

Dalia was thrown into confusion.

Why all of a sudden? Why is the conversation jumping this way all of a sudden?'

"One of my sons is about the same age as Miss Dalia......yes, there's Leonard and Cedric. Of course you know Leonard, the Crown Prince, right? He's a little silly, but he's a good kid. Cedric is my second son. He's not a bad kid, even though he's a wanderer."

Of course her mind thinks it's a joke, but the Emperor's expression was so serious that it could not be dismissed as a joke.

'Wha-wha-what? Are you being serious? Am I really going to get engaged like this? Can you do this easily?'

No matter how young the nobles in this world get engaged, but by her standards, this is ridiculous.

Dalia felt like her head was spinning. Suddenly, she was conscious of Hikan standing behind her.

'If it's real, there's no reason for my brother to refuse.'

It's a great opportunity to marry off the useless little sister to the prince and get rid of her.

But......if she gets engaged to the prince, her face will appear in the newspaper. Then the plan to run away and live with a new identity will be impossible.

It seemed that her life plans are becoming more complicated.

"Well, it-it's too much for me..."

"Dalia."

Hikan stops her from behind with a firm voice.

'Ah, it's hopeless now.'

Now, the only future left is when my head flies with my brother.

Dalia shut her eyes tightly.

"She will not have the engagement, Your Majesty."

Hikan's calm voice rang out in the audience room.

'.....Huh?'

Dalia slightly opened one eye that had closed tightly to the unexpected situation.

"She said she doesn't want to be engaged."

"......Really?"

"Yes, absolutely not."

Hikan's bad way of speaking has never been more welcome than today.