Chapter 32

"Well, everything's fine."

Leonard clicked his tongue and climbed into the carriage.

"I've never seen you make such a loud noise."

"......I'm sorry."

"Well, it's okay. We've seen something interesting. Did you see Hikan's face? Hey, one of the kids is gone for a second and that's how people......"

He didn't see Hikan often, but it was the first time he looked so lost.

He leaned against the back of the carriage with his hands behind his head.

'Not only father, even Hikan and Adrisha too, why are they so anxious about that kid?'

Well, she is small and cute. She speaks in a friendly way.

"Will I be like that if I have a cute little sister? Ah, I want to get my brother and bring him here."

"......"

Adrisha lowered her eyes and said nothing. Leonard glanced at her secretly.

"......What's wrong? Is there something bothering you?"

"No, it's not like that. Sir Leonard."

Leonard was surprised as if he was burned. This is because Adrisha put her hand slightly on his lap.

She looked up at Leonard with a pitiful look.

"Dalia is an ordinary child, isn't she?"

"Tha, that's right."

"I don't want you to talk about something that is not true. Can you not tell anyone what that attendant said? For me?"

"Of course!"

Leonard guaranteed. Only then did Adrisha feel satisfied and raise a hand over her chest to thank him.

"It's, it's been a while since you call me that."

After Adrisha was rescued, she was his secret maid for a year. Leonard was the title that she called him back then.

At that time, the Empire was in a precarious situation because they were on the brink of war with the Holy Empire.

Adrisha protected him several times from the assassins of the Holy Empire who came to kidnap him. That's why he fell for Adrisha.

"Back then, didn't you promise to grant my wish? This is my wish, so you have to keep it."

Adrisha said with a serious look. Leonard also became serious and nodded eagerly.

* * *

"Ouch, it hurts!"

"Stay still."

Dalia held back her tears.

At first, she thought that it was okay because she didn't have a drop of blood, but as time went by, blood started to flow out of the wound and it started to hurt.

On top of that, she was in a lot of pain when applying the disinfectant. She couldn't move even when she tried to pull her leg back because Hikan was holding it tight.

Hikan wrapped the bandage skillfully. This world does not have band-aids, so she needs to use a bandage even with a wound like this.

It was just a scratch, but it was funny because she looked like someone who broke her leg.

When Dalia laughed with tears in her eyes, Hikan looked at her sharply.

"Are you laughing?"

"......But."