Chapter 12

Before I knew it, it was the day of the ball.

The Ducal household, which had been in a festive mood for the day, has been busy since dawn.

The ball will be held in the largest hall of the Pesteros mansion. Dalia, who is ready from head to toe, sent away the busy maids.

Now she just has to stay in her room alone and wait for someone to escort her in – perhaps Madam Mathieu.

Bored with nothing to do, she opened the secret diary box where she kept the money she had saved. Worried that it might be gone.

She took the diaries out then put it beside her and looked at the bottom compartment.

Fortunately, Dalia's precious money and although it's not very rare, a fairly expensive book was well contained in the box.

Dalia gave a wry smile. Then, her gaze went to the stacked diary.

'I used to write my diary diligently.'

After remembering my previous life, I was afraid that someone would read whatever I wrote, so I never wrote it again.

Dalia reminisced about her memories, so she opened the last page of her diary which was the most recent one that she had written. What did she think of on the last day before she remembered her past life?

'Huh?'

Dalia opened it thoughtlessly and she was taken aback.

In the last page, there was a sentence written that she had no memory of. It wasn't even Dalia's handwriting.

[There will be salvation wherever you reach. I hope you will save many people with that power.]

Dalia stared at the sentence. The first thing that she thought of was.

'Did someone sneak a peek?'

It was a good thing that she didn't keep a diary after getting her memory.

But who the hell was it, no one around Dalia had this strange way of speaking.

Still, it was fortunate that it was not a curse but a blessing. Seeing that the books and money are still intact, he must not be a thief.

For Dalia, who is having a hard time taking care of herself now, salvation seems a little over-exaggerated.

Then.

Creak.

The door opened without being knocked.

Dalia was so startled that she quickly covered the diaries that she had taken out of the box. She threw in more than 10 books, but there was one left in her arms.

"What are you doing?"

It was Hikan who showed up.

He appeared in formal wear, looking perfect as the main character of today's ascension celebration ball.

Dalia looked up blankly, forgetting this confusing situation in which a strange man appeared instead of Madam Mathieu, who was supposed to come.

'Wow......you're so madly handsome.'

How does that look like a 16-years-old? It was a shining appearance that made her forget the situation.

Seeing Hikan properly dressed in a tailcoat, she realized that he was really handsome.

The combination of neat, fine features and silver hair with sea-colored eyes and clear white skin was perfect.

Dalia looked at him in a daze. Hikan frowned at the diary in Dalia's hand.