Chapter 23

'Of all things, why did I sleep there!'

As soon as the next morning came, Dalia has been tearing her hair out.

'Just how ridiculous she looked like when Hikan saw her?'

She had no choice but to win over his mind, hoping that it would bring a little laugh in Hikan's busy life.

'.......But now my brother has changed, right?'

Dalia was convinced because of yesterday's incident.

He is different from the final villain in <The Labyrinth of Ouroboros>. She doesn't know what's going to happen after the magic blooming, but anyway, that's what happened now.

The nanny, whom she thought would scold her for disappearing without a word, said nothing unexpectedly.

She felt sorry, so she thought she should be better towards nanny next time.

The butler informed her of the schedule for tomorrow's tea party during breakfast.

Even though the Pesteros sent the invitation yesterday, all the recipients expressed their intention to attend.

Adrisha came to visit after hearing the news.

Dalia managed to convince Adrisha and brought her to her room. It has been three weeks since they met, and it was hard to meet at the garden in a dress every time she came here.

The two rolled back in bed together wearing the indoor clothes lent by Dalia.

Adrisha even untied her carefully tied hair. She said she was comfortable in her dress no matter where she was, but it was funny when she straightened her posture. (*t/n: sorry, I'm not sure with the second sentence -.-)

Dalia lay down on Adrisha's belly and looked through the attendance list.

"They're all coming with their mother."

"That's usually the case. The ladies from high society don't want their children to get along with just anyone."

It was Adrisha's sharp analysis. However, when she lay down and loosen her hair and said that, for some reason it felt somewhat less convincing. Dalia giggled.

The only person on the attendance list who did not bring her mother was Adrisha. Naturally she could not bring her.

Perhaps the real Viscountess Beniter is living happily in the manor that she received in return of having a fake daughter.

Adrisha taught Dalia several things about the ladies whose names were on the attendance list.

Whose child has close age to Dalia, how close are the children with their mothers, who has the upper hand and who has a good relationship with who and vice versa.

Adrisha sat up in bed, pointing to Dalia one of the names in the lists.

"This lady wanted to send her daughter as Dalia's maid of honor. I heard that she appealed strongly to the Duke."

"Really? I didn't know."

"Everyone would want to send their daughter to be the maid of honor to the Pesteros family. Among the 4 ducal families, they are the closest to the Emperor and have a lot of money."

"Hmm."

Dalia recalled Hikan, whose all his property was confiscated and was sentenced to death by the Emperor himself in the original story.

'...... Power is a fleeting thing.'

"But in the end, I became the maid of honor."

"That's right. I like Adrisha the best."