Chapter 18

Adrisha hurriedly opened the carriage door.

The Emperor put the fainted Duchess Blueport on the opposite side and flopped down on the sofa. Adrisha followed after. He looked down at his hand that held Dalia earlier.

'I can't believe it.'

Duchess Blueport, obviously, has returned from the congestion.

Her emotions through the contact were so stable that she could not be considered a congested transcendent. On the contrary, her soul seemed to have become more refreshing.

It is beyond theoretical explanation. He has never seen something like this in historical books that he has read so far.

Just as her extremely stable mind suddenly went mad and led to a rampage – yes, this was strange too. – When she came back, she came back in a flash.

The Emperor got the clue for the first time when he saw Dalia Pesteros looking down at the Duchess with tears in her eyes.

When he first held hands with Dalia last time, he felt like his soul was clearing up. At that time, it was just a suspicion, but now that he has seen the Duchess Blueport, he was convinced.

'How can such a power......?'

The degradation of the souls of the transcendents is a responsibility and indispensable task in accordance with the immense power that they received. He had never heard of a way to reverse it.

But it was real.

In addition to that, she even restored the soul of the congested transcendent.

With her, the only danger in this Frederic Empire could be eliminated.

He never wanted to let her go as it was. He wants to bring back the previous engagement suggestion and keep her in the imperial family somehow.

He is also a transcendent. Conscience and common sense are not the driving force behind his behavior.

However...... the moment he brought up the suggestion of her engagement and Dalia's emotions fluctuated, he felt the energy of purification flowing from her weakened.

Perhaps her ability was related to the favorability she had toward her opponent.

Its potential was strong enough to restore the soul of the Duchess Blueport, whom she was more close to than anyone else, from the congestion.

'Then it's more important to get her favor.'

He has to dig carefully and remain a trustworthy person.

Nevertheless, it was regrettable that he needed to do this.

He was confident that he was a very disciplined man. If even himself would do this, what about the other impatient transcendents?

'Her presence may lead to a rift among the transcendents.'

He thought of a few people and shook his head.

With the exception of a few, such as the Duchess Blueport, transcendents have a strong desire of 'mine' possessiveness by nature. Since she can be the purifier of their soul, she would run into one of them and they'll try to own her.

'Besides, the condition for purification is the feelings that Dalia has towards the other person.'

There is too much room for abuse.

There may be someone who wants to brainwash her. Or try to forcefully buy her favor, or kill everyone but herself if the relationship goes awry.

'But I'm glad Hikan was aware of his feelings.'