Chapter 49

Then, Arthur looked at Dalia.

When their eyes met, his eyes slightly slant upward and smiled softly. Dalia was startled and averted her gaze.

Soon the dinner began in earnest.

Due to the nature of the travel destination, it was an unfamiliar place where people who never met each other gathered. However, the Count naturally led the conversation so that no one would be left out.

As someone who owns several resorts, she could feel his years of leadership experience.

Count Williams recommended must-visit places or souvenirs to buy, introduced specialties, and served dishes made from the specialties in a timely manner to enjoy the meal.

Everyone was laughing and chatting, and the atmosphere of the dinner was brightened up.

"Goodness. We didn't know that Lady Pesteros was already this tall. I've been so busy lately that I've rarely been to a ball."

"Thank you for the compliment, madam."

Dalia laughed softly. The madam turned her head to Hikan and said,

"The Duke must have been worried since she is so beautiful."

"Well."

Hikan replied indifferently.

She could feel the madam's bewilderment by his hard way of speaking. Dalia knew that answer was Hikan's best.

However, if you are a good sister, you should know how to manage your brother's reputation.

Dalia poked Hikan's thigh under the table.

It happened a few times today. Hikan closed his eyes and clenched his knife once more, then answered again in a softer tone.

"In the name of Pesteros, we are doing our best to protect her. But Dalia's free will is the most important thing."

'......Really?'

Then somehow, the story went to the children the Count was sponsoring. The young master, Viscount Arthur Pendleton, who was still smiling, spoke for the first time.

"They're unfortunate children. What would have happened without Count Williams......."

He lowered his eyebrows sadly.

"Goodness! Is there any way we can help?"

A girl who has already been bewitched by him sadly put her hands together. Arthur said as if he had been waiting for it.

"It would be a great comfort if someone as beautiful as Miss Taras could show your face there. I'm still short of hands."

Taras' cheeks turned red.

"Oh my, father. Then why don't we all go together?"

"Well, if you want."

"The children are in the church by the cliff near the sea. I'm there most of the time, so if you're not busy, please come and see me. The more people, the better."

"Th, then why don't we all go together?"

Taras looked around the others and asked.

Since volunteer work has recently emerged as a new skill of the aristocrats, it was fine to subtly refuse if one person actively pushed for it.

"What will we do if we go?"

A madam asked a perfectly reasonable question. Arthur replied as if he was waiting for it.

"Children have developed a hobby of drawing these days. If you are good at drawing, you can watch them painting, prepare meals for the children, and there are many things you can do."