Chapter 20

"I see. He's not my style too, actually."

Adrisha covered her mouth with one hand and whispered softly.

Dalia burst into laughter. Adrisha also laughed.

"Dalia isn't very curious. "

"Of what?"

"Of where do I hear all this from?"

Dalia flinched.

'Do, do I have to be curious about this thing usually?'

Maybe she got suspicious because Dalia didn't ask anything? What if she suspects that Dalia did a background check on her?

In the original, she was most afraid for people to discover her past.

Dalia asked back naturally.

"Huh? Why is that?"

"I used to be the maid of honor of another lady, and she was angry. She asked me why I don't try to talk about myself to other people then." (*t/n: I'm not too sure about 2nd sentence..because the raw quite confusing)

".......There's someone like that?"

Dalia asked in confusion.

Adrisha shrugged and laughed.

"Well, it was my fault."

Even if she says so, her heart hurts when she recalls her in the original.

Come to think of it, Adrisha had no female friend in the original.

More precisely, the women hated her.

It wasn't the childish reason because she was pretty and popular with men.

It was a case where the bad prejudice that occurred in the beginning continues to the late period.

Adrisha did not know that other people could take the words she had conveyed with goodwill as malice.

It was her absurd innocence that she believed that someday her heart would be conveyed if she treated people sincerely.

Adrisha was raised as a spy until she was rescued by the Emperor.

One of their specialities is collecting rumors.

Exposing some of those rumors to the people that she favors must have caused backlash.

Additionally, Adrisha was now a veiled figure in the society.

Some people knew that she's working for the Emperor, but no one knew exactly what she did.

The Beniter family itself, which the Emperor designated as her adopted family, was an ordinary Viscount family, who have no territory and can be considered as good as the humble commoner, she was also accused of being insensitive and being obsequious to the Emperor. (*t/n: this particular paragraph is hard to translate, i'm not that sure)

Anyway, she was a girl who people felt uncomfortable to leave as a maid thoughtlessly.

Dalia knew Adrisha's background, so she heard whatever she said, but the previous person didn't.

'Maybe I'll did it too if I didn't know any better'

It's not that the one who misunderstood was wrong, but Dalia felt bad because Adrisha was depressed because of it.

Dalia grabbed Adrisha's hand.

"I'm on Adrisha's side."

"......"

"I will continue to like Adrisha even if you talk about me to someone else later."

It may be a little bit of a consolation, but for Adrisha, who has low self-esteem, the comfort of 'I'm fine with whatever you do' worked well.