Chapter 34

"That's because Miss Dalia hasn't visited me for a year."

"......"

She felt like she lost strength in her body.

"You didn't even send me a love letter."

"How dare I, towards Your Majesty the Emperor......"

"Quietly."

"Ah."

"If you feel uncomfortable, just call me Mr. Alexander."

'......I won't call you that even if I die. '

Dalia made up her mind.

The Emperor grinned and reached out to her. Like an escort She hesitated for a moment and didn't put her hand on it.

"Anyway, Hikan is an old friend of mine. If you're choosing a birthday present, I'll help you."

It was the most hopeful news she has heard ever since she met him.

Since Hikan received Dalia's gift unconditionally, she still had no information about what he liked.

She nodded, her eyes shining.

* * *

The Emperor knew a lot about Hikan. He rejected most of Dalia's birthday gift candidates.

"I wouldn't recommend clothing and miscellaneous goods. Hikan has a deep knowledge of clothes. Even if you give something uncomfortable... Well, if Dalia gives it to him, he'll wear it every day, but he'll shed tears inside."

'I gave him a brooch last year......'

She thought that he liked it since he wore it every day, but was he actually crying inside?

Dalia is now depressed by the truth that she has just realized.

"Ah, the brooch Dalia gave him last year was definitely his cup of tea. Don't worry."

"Is, is that so?"

Dalia looked up at the Emperor with an earnest look. He nodded his head confidently.

"Of course."

"Then this year......"

"That's not good."

It was a firm tone.

Dalia became more depressed after realizing the Emperor's efforts to conceal the truth.

"Then how about a music box?"

"If it was a recording of Miss Dalia's voice, he would love it."

This is also rejected.

There are no more candidates left. Everything was dismissed. She was flustered and came up with a proposal that was not originally nominated.

"A ph, phonograph?"

"Oh, that's okay. He's not an opera-obsessed person. And the phonograph is as expensive as it can be but the performance is good."

It was a positive answer for the first time.

'But......'

But she is short of money.

Dalia thought about her budget. Pesteros had a lot of money, and Dalia received much more pocket money than her peers.

So, she could choose all the gifts without asking the price, but the phonograph had a different unit than the usual gift.

"......"

"How much do you have now?"

Dahlia opened the bag she had brought and showed them to the Emperor. The Emperor raised one eyebrow, counted the money in it, and nodded.