Chapter 10

While Dalia was spending her time doing pointless things, Hikan continued to work on the overdue family related work in earnest.

However, there was still an indispensable event, and as the Duchess Blueport said earlier, it was the ball to celebrate the ascension of the new Duke.

The mansion was already noisy because of the preparations for the ball that will be held in a month.

Dalia, who was free because she had nothing to do, was busy learning new dances from her tutor.

During the break, while Dalia was sitting on her nanny's lap drinking ice tea, the nanny said.

"By the way, you'll need a lady-in-waiting when you go to the ball."

"I like nanny the most. I want to go with nanny."

"M-miss......"

The nanny hugged Dalia tightly with a touched expression.

Dalia smiled and buried her head deeper into the nanny's chest.

"Is it really necessary? If it doesn't work, Madam Mathieu will go with you." (*t/n: previously in chapter 3 I used 'Madam Mashu')

Besides, Duchess Blueport is also coming to this ball.

Madam Mathieu was Dalia's tutor and dance teacher.

In principle, the four Duke families who produce transcendents are treated the same as the distant royal family and have lady-in-waiting.

Usually, peers from a family of lower rank are chosen.

However, sadly, Dalia had no friends of her age.

The mother, the family's madam, usually the one who came forward to help make friends, however Dalia had no mother.

Her father, who was supposed to do it instead, was also busy and not interested in her. What if Duchess Blueport came forward and took care of Dalia instead?

Still, since there are only four Duke families in the country, there will be many people who want to get close to them at the ball.

She didn't worry much. We're all going to be strangers if she leaves the family anyway, so what's wrong with having friends?

"But still, I'd like to see Miss go to the ball with a pretty friend."

The nanny whispered as she ran her fingers through Dalia's hair. Dalia felt her heart tinged as she felt the sincerity in her words.

She rubbed her face in her nanny's embrace.

"Then I'll talk about it with my brother."

Was what she said, but she didn't want to give the busy Hikan any more work. She rather talked about it to Madam Mathieu right away.

The nanny had a slight smile as she believed in Dalia's words.

"Alright, Miss."

"Now the break time is over. See you later, nanny."

Like a ghost, Madam Mathieu, the tutor, appeared. She drank the rest of the tea and got up, leaving the cup to the nanny.

'The first dance will be with my brother.'

It was difficult to make Hikan's feet bruised.

Maybe this time, the relationship that has become as good as a rat's poop might end again. (*t/n: it means fragile, i think)

She was motivated to be unladylike. She needs to learn hard to achieve that.

* * *

"Good job, Miss Dalia! Now, for the last time, one, two, three!"