Chapter 21

In fact, it wasn't yesterday or today that Hikan became weird.

To be exact, it was the day when the Duchess Blueport had mana congestion, when he saw Dalia returned.

Now when they were together, he would hold the door or escort her silently whenever Dalia passed by. In severe cases, he even held her hand when she got on the carriage.

It was hard for Dalia to adapt to the sudden change.

She even shot him a heart because she thought that if she acted too cute, he would go back and frown like before. However, instead of looking at a crazy person as before, he kept looking at Dalia for a long time, making her more embarrassed.

"Wah! Brother! I love you!"

"......Okay. "

This time, that kind of reaction.

'It's, it's too much pressure.'

Dalia worked hard to figure out why he did that.

'No way, is he feeling guilty that he couldn't save me during the Duchess's rampage?'

Dalia did that on purpose because she had something to talk to the Duchess Blueport.

Now she felt sorry for making him feel guilty.

But it was still uncomfortable. As a result, the strange scenery of Dalia avoiding Hikan was created.

He didn't say much, but he seemed quite dissatisfied with Dalia for that.

To speak in a more simple way, it seems like he was being sulky.

'......Goodness.'

Did the miracle of purifying the Duchess Blueport invade Hikan's mind that day?

It was beyond Dalia's comprehension. So she gave up trying to guess Hikan's deep thoughts.

How comfortable is Adrisha, on the other hand? A normal and warm friend who accepts everything Dalia says.

Dalia looked at her with new precious feelings. Adrisha spoke kindly, pouring tea in a very graceful manner.

"Come to think of it, there will be a ball in the Imperial Palace in a month."

"Oh, really?"

"Is it the birthday ball for the Crown Prince......?"

"So he was born in autumn."

"Yes, His Highness the Second Prince was also born in the autumn."

Dalia looked at the calendar again.

Nearly half a year has already passed since Hikan entered the Pesteros mansion.

"The Duke didn't say anything, but he'll probably be there. Dalia will go with him too."

It will be her first time to be at the ball in the Imperial Palace. The last ball held at the hall of the Pesteros mansion was spectacular, but this time it will be more than that. She was looking forward to it.

"It's your first time to attend a ball that's not hosted by your family, isn't it?"

"Yeah, right?"

"Then it'll be a good idea to have a tea party before the ball. You'll be less nervous when you know someone."

Adrisha made a sudden suggestion.

"Well....I don't know anyone, but if I invite them, will they come?"

"Isn't there the Pesteros name to use in this case?"

Dalia pondered over it.

The idea of a tea party itself did not seem bad. It's not that she's picky about the day, but she didn't have the confidence to be in a seat with dozens of strangers.