Chapter 17

Dalia's face turned white. Adrisha, on the other hand, was calm as she had guessed the Duchess's decision from the first time she heard the explanation about the wall.

"......Miss Adrisha, I would like to spend my last time with Dalia while my reason still allows it. Would you mind leaving us?"

Adrisha's hesitation can be seen on her face.

In the first place, Dalia came here to talk to the Duchess Blueport, and although the Duchess was still holding on to her reason, it was impossible to leave the transcendent in congestion and ordinary people alone.

However, it was also true that her situation was unusual.

Dalia quickly grasped Adrisha's hands tightly as she wrapped them in her own hands.

"It's alright. Trust me."

After much thought, Adrisha nodded.

She lingered to the last minute and eventually hugged Dalia tightly and said sorry.

"See you later, Dalia."

Adrisha walked towards the wall of the white sphere. She will soon meet the Emperor and explain the situation. Maybe Hikan's there with him.

'Will my brother be sad if I die here?'

He tried to catch Dalia at the end. It must have been dangerous for him too. He'll probably feel sad a little.

But if Dalia dies, and later Hikan's mind is pushed to the limit as the original, will he remember her?

Dalia frowned for no particular reason.

"Dalia."

Then, the Duchess called Dalia in a peaceful voice.

"Shall we sit down?"

Duchess Blueport sat on the floor wearing a dress. Dalia sat right along. Perhaps it is hard for the Duchess to stand now.

"Did you come here to find me?"

"Yes."

"Why? It would have been dangerous."

"I miss you."

Duchess Blueport laughed out loud.

What signal did she take the laughter as her muscles flinched for a moment and sank back. She could see how fierce the fighting that was going on inside her. (*t/n: sorry not sure about the first sentence)

In a more sour voice than before, the Duchess Blueport said.

"I don't think I'll have much time. "

"......"

"Dalia, I once said that transcendents are lonely and alone, right?"

Dalia nodded.

"I used to think that when I lost my husband in the fire accident, I felt that I lost everything in the world. There's no hope in life, so I thought that maybe I should just go wild and wipe it all out. Of course, it was before the mana blooming, so I couldn't do that."

"......"

"But I changed my mind after I met Dalia who was still a baby. Dalia is so lovely and cool that I thought she might become a hero and save the world later."

It was the phrase that she saw in her diary.

Dalia was in tears.

"Hikan is also fortunate to have Dalia, so he must be happy because of you, I'm sure he would think so. It's a pity that I couldn't see it."