Chapter 8

"......I like you?"

A cold and dark voice.

The mood sank sharply. Dalia felt it, too, and noticed Hikan.

Hikan roughly put her off his shoulder. Dalia sank to the floor.

She sat down and looked up at his face from below.

Hikan's face was colder than usual and had no warmth at all. She couldn't even find out where the warm atmosphere just went.

"Dalia."

"Yes, yes?"

Dalia replied in surprise.

"I told you before, didn't I? There's no way I'll like you."

Hikan, still not looking at her, said in a cold voice.

"You're nothing to me."

"......"

"Don't forget that."

She really didn't say anything and didn't even open her mouth, but she was suddenly given a warning. Dalia blinked in confusion.

'Who said anything?'

I've never thought like that before, but I don't know why I get mistaken when talking to myself. (*t/n: sorry, not too sure about this part)

The atmosphere that was good just now is completely broken.

Bet that 10 years later, she will feel so stupid when she recalled herself feeling sentimental thinking about him.

Somehow she felt heat surge from her heart. Dalia forced a smile.

"......Yes, brother."

'I hope you stepped on the banana peel on the road and broke both knees.'

Dalia gets up and brushes off the hem of her dress, while constantly imagining it in her head. Then she passed Hikan and went up to the carriage first on her own.

Originally, Dalia's seat was in the direction of the coachman, but this time she sat on the opposite side. There was also less motion sickness and it was a seat for the head. It was Dalia's little rebellion.

'No matter how narrow-minded you are, you won't kill your sister for sitting at the seat for the head.'

Hikan also hopped into the carriage without a word.

He would have known that she was sitting at his place, but he said nothing. He really seemed to at least have a little conscience.

The carriage set off.

For a long time even after the departure, both Hikan and Dalia looked out the window. She feels that it's unfair.

'I really didn't do anything.'

When I was in the study last time, I was even caught carrying a strange book.

'Or I don't know if you're mad at me for being a nuisance.'

It was strange because the atmosphere was nice and then suddenly it became scary. I didn't know the reason, so it was hard to deal with it.

I feel like I'm back to square one. So, can I safely say goodbye to my brother?

Crack.

Then, suddenly, there was a sound of something breaking in the carriage.

It sounded a little similar to the sound that Hikan made when he held the handle, as if it were breaking.

No, it's a little bit more than that.

Crack.

The second sound.