Chapter 36

After sending the butler away, Hikan stopped working and went to his bedroom because of a terrible headache.

Dalia thought that it was her opportunity.

'I need to go see His Majesty.'

Normally, without a nanny, she couldn't go out without Hikan's permission. However, the coachman must have recognized the seriousness of the situation and took her directly to the Imperial Palace.

"Please tell His Majesty the Emperor that Dalia Pesteros is here."

The Emperor called her directly to his office instead of the audience chamber.

Recently, the Emperor was troubled by the diplomatic issues due to the new Pope appointment at the neighbouring Holy Empire.

In the office, the Emperor wore small business glasses and reviewed the documents, then when he saw Dalia, he took off his glasses and put them down.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Dalia."

Somehow he greeted her with an awkward smile than usual.

"Now that Miss Dalia is here, Hikan must be about to begin his mana awakening."

"......yes."

"Honestly, I'm guilty of this. At that time, I was so busy......."

Dalia tilted her head at the unexpected confession. The Emperor waved his hands.

"No, I gave him a little stress. Anyway, let's say that's what happened."

After beckoning Dalia to come closer, the Emperor began to explain by writing it on a blank paper with a fountain pen.

"There are three stages of mana awakening. Before, start, end. People become sensitive and violent before they start. It goes for about three weeks, and when they start the awakening, they lose their mind completely and start smashing everything they see. This is for a week. It's a month in total. And when they are done, they go around repenting for their sins and apologizing to those around them."

Dalia tried to figure out when Hikan started to become sensitive.

Approximately one week plus ten days, it's already been more than two and a half weeks. Does that mean it's not strange if Hikan starts to smash everything anytime now?

This is hopeless.

Even now, she's having a hard time, then what about when the awakening starts?

The Emperor smiled slightly when he saw Dalia's expression.

"I taught you the best way, but I guess you haven't used it yet."

"The best way?"

Dalia looked at him with sparkling eyes. The Emperor smiled brightly and showed both of his palms to Dalia.

"A hug of love."

Dalia became depressed immediately.

".........I don't think that's going to be possible......."

"Why?"

"I was going to try it last time, but he was angry and asked me to not touch him."

"Well, maybe it's because the love hasn't been delivered properly?"

The Emperor's expression was serious.

It didn't seem like a joke, but Dalia shook her head because she didn't dare to try again. The Emperor seemed to understand too.

"Yeah, what if you get hit by angry Hikan while trying to do it? If Miss Dalia gets injured, it will be a national loss."

Although thankfully, Dalia did not think that the entire empire would be sad just because she was hurt.