Chapter 5

Clearly, he was waiting for her answer.

A cold sweat broke out behind Dalia's back.

'I, I'm screwed.'

I thought things were going smoothly these days, but as expected, an ambush has hit me. But why of all things, such contents that you take from that book?

Dalia had a hunch. If she says something wrong now, the relationship between Hikan and Dalia will be over.

She worked hard in pretending to be the innocent sister, but then suddenly looking at the book that said transcendents are beings that are different from us?

'Even I won't believe in me either.'

"Well, I'm friends with the Duchess of Blueport. I wouldn't think like that..."

Fortunately, she remembered to make an excuse. She put her best smile.

"And I just wanted to know more about the transcendent. I want to understand my brother more."

"Understand?"

Hikan frowned his eyebrows.

Dalia nodded eagerly. However, her enthusiastic response did not change his expression at all.

"You're talking nonsense."

He pushed the book to the chest of the fallen Dalia.

"This book is right, Dalia."

"What?"

"You and I are different beings. Even if you die and wake up again, you'll never understand me."

Dalia shook her head hard this time.

Even if she thought about it, it was a tearful effort. However, Hikan looked at her for a long time with an unknown look.

Normally, he would have gone right back, but instead he took a step closer to Dalia.

As a result, Dalia's body became stiff.

"It seems like you don't understand. Do you know how our beloved maternal grandfather, the previous great Duke Pesteros died?"

"......"

He was killed in a mana frenzy.

It was a story that was hard to tell even though she knew it. Hikan said such a story casually and coldly.

"He blew up all this Pesteros mansion. He tried to kill his own daughter. Our mother."

Dalia looked up at him blankly. Hikan also saw her. He still had a cold face with no expression on his face.

"So, mother handed over the title of Pesteros to father. It was so disgusting that she couldn't handle it."

"......"

"Our mother saw me and her father as being the same in nature. A man who will one day try to kill her. He was a transcendent and stronger than anyone else, but she couldn't get out of it all her life. So she drove me away from the mansion. Then how about you, Dalia?"

His question came in at an unexpected point.

Dalia looked at him, blinking quickly. Hikan also stared at her with a grim expression.

"I asked how about you."

For some reason, I felt like I had heard a story that I shouldn't have heard.

Hikan's background, which did not appear in the original work. I never knew Dalia's mother had kicked him out because Hikan is a transcendent. That's why I've never seen him at the Pesteros mansion?