TordMatt fluff: bad at this

A/N: So this takes place when they would have first met Matt but it goes different, first year of high-school, 2009 (the math I had to do to figure this out)
====================================

Tord's Pov

I was just sitting with Edd and Tom, I had kinda zoned out of the conversation though. We just got out of class, English for Edd and I. That's when I saw him, it wasn't the first time but it was the first time I decided to do something about it. "Tord?"

I just wanna talk to him once, at least learn his name. His eyes are so pretty, they've got this pale blue color. "Tord!" I sat up a quickly, looking over at Edd. What??? Why is he yelling at me? "Yeah?" "I just wanted to know if you're still coming to my house after school." He explained, seeming mildly frustrated. "Ah, yeah." I nodded before standing up "I'll be right back."

He was sitting on the lawn by the wall, looks like he's doing homework or something. I walked over and he looked up at me cooking an eyebrow, his blue eyes watching me as I sat by him, not weirdly close or anything. "... Yes?"

I offered my hand, starting simple "I'm Tord, what's your name?" He didn't shake my hand, just looking from it to my eyes "Why?" Well that's not what I was expecting "Because I wanna know more about you." He scoffed "Again, why?" "Because I think your handsome." I said simply, as if stating the weather was nice. He blinked, clearly slightly disarmed by that. His cheeks went a light pink and he thought for a second, not breaking eye contact.

"... Matt." That's a nice name, it suits him. He looks like a Matt, in a good way of course. This is fun. "Great, it's nice to meet you Matt." He set his note book down and pulled his knees up to rest his arms on them "Did you need something or are you just here to ask my name?" He once again raised an eyebrow. "I wanted to ask where you live." His eyes widened a bit and he stared at me "You know, you can't really just go from my name to asking where I sleep at night, do you not know what small talk is?" He's right, I did that wrong "sorry sorry, let me rephrase,"

"Do you live close to the school?" "Within walking distance yeah." I smiled and put my arms up "Perfect! I know this place super close to the school, this one Mexican restaurant it's crazy good, have you ever been?" He thought for a moment, leaning back against the wall "No... I don't think so, but I know the place your talking about. Are you asking me out?" He had this accusing tone, as if blaming me for something aweful. "If I was, what would be the best day for us to do so?" I asked giving a small smile, but he just sighed.

"I could only go on Saturday, but I'm not going on a date with you." "Saturday works great!" I stopped him, still smiling, though more hopeful this time. I think it worked though, it almost looked like he laughed "Tord I mean it, I'm not gonna go."

"How about this, weather you go or not, I'll be there. And if you happen to show up around like six we'll say, then awesome." I said, I stopped using the voice, the one Edd calls my salmen voice, and I got a little quieter too. He stared at me for a moment before looking down at the grass. "... Ok. I guess I can work with that. But I'm telling you now that I'm almost definitely not doing this." He had also gotten a little quieter.

"Awesome, I'll possibly see you Saturday." I said with a smile before getting up. A shame our conversation had to be cut short,  but the bell is about to ring. I offered him my hand once again, and he actually took it this time. He pulled himself up and grabbed his things, said a fast goodbye then walked off as the bell wrang. Awesome.

*Saturday*

Matt's Pov

I can't believe I'm about to do this. I shouldn't be doing this. We are born with the main objective of surviving so what the fuck am I doing. I pushed open the doors and walked in looking around. God, it smells so good in here.