TomEdd fluff: problem solved

A/N: fuck you ok writting cliche sappy fluffs makes me happy and that's what I'm gonna do ok
====================================
Matt's Pov

Edd came through the front door, looking kind of upset. He was dressed nice, in a light green dress with a puffy skirt and white stockings paired with black shoes. Tord sat up right away "So? Did it go good?" Obviously not, he's clearly upset, but who knows. Edd let out a little sigh and shook his head before going up to his room without saying anything. Yikes.

Tord let out a long defted sigh and sank in his chair. "What was that about?" I asked leaning on the arm of the couch as he looked over at me. "This is the forth time I've set him up. There's always some problem and it never works out." I nodded "I'm having the same problem with Tom, I finally convinced him to let me find him someone but he says he hates all of them, he also hates dressing fancy and going on dates in general so it has been a constant struggle." He chuckled a little, now smiling.

"It'd be funny if we set them up with each other, let them try to figure that out." I laughed a little too "Yeah, and if things worked out we could hold it over them forever." Again we both laughed, but then there was silence as we stared at each other. "Y'know, that's not a bad idea."

*about a week later*

Edd's Pov

Here we go again. I don't know why Tord keeps picking such fancy places. I know he thinks it's cool and romantic and stuff but I've told him I don't like it. It's intimidating an uncomfortable. I'm wearing pretty much the same thing I wore to the last date but my sneakers this time because I didn't like the shoes. I walked in , patting my legs trying to keep myself calm and grounded. Tord told me it's a guy and that he thinks this'll go better than the others but I've given up on him at this point. I looked around the restaurant for a moment to see if could spot- oh Tom's here! Why?? He hates places like this, and he was sitting alone. He's wearing a blue button up dress shirt and a black tie. He actually looks really nice.

I walked over and leaned on the table, not sitting down because I would probably have to go in a minute anyway. Je seemed surprised to see me. "Hey! What are you doing here, are you waiting for someone?" He smiled a little and nodded "Yeah, Matt's got me on another stupid blind date." Wait... Matt was involved too? I think I realize what's going on here. I sighed and sat down "Yeah Tord set me up here too. Said I was meeting someone I would 'definitely get along with'."
I think think it clicked for him too. "You gotta be kidding me-" He put his face in his hands for a moment before looking back at me "Well, there's a bar towards the corner back there, I'm gonna grab a drink, you sticking around?" He offered a hand and I smiled as I took it and stood up "Yeah why not, I'll come."

We walked over to the bar and he pulled the seat out for me before sitting down as well. "What do you want? It's on me." That's sweet of him. I thought about it for a moment before making my decision. "An appletini?" He groaned, trying to hide a small smile. "God, please don't make me order that." He chuckled softly making me smile. "Awe come on, please?" I asked giving him the puppy dog eyes. He sighed, cheeks going a light pink. He didn't say anything, just ordering the drinks. I also ordered us some mozzarella cheese sticks which were great. I had a really nice time, obviously though. It's Tom, he's one of .y best friends, of course I had fun. He even convinced me to take a few shots with him, they were pretty strong so we were both a little tipsy after that. The topic of how much we both hated the restaurant came up.

"It's so pretentious! Everybody here thinks they're so fancy and great." He said after taking a bite from one of the sticks and I nodded. "We should have gone to that one diner we went to when we were younger, it's only like a block away and they have the best pie I've ever eaten!" He finished off another drink "we should just go! It's cold enough to walk anyway" that's genius, then I can tell Tord to suck it when we go back home. It's a good thing it's a 24/7 diner because it's already like ten pm. Long story short we decided to leave and go get pie.

It really has been a nice walk so far. We've just been talking and laughing. I love this. He grabbed my hand a second ago, but he didn't say anything about it. I guess I kinda just realized this is still technically a date. I didn't feel nervous or uncomfortable though, it was fun with Tom. His hands is warm which is nice since mine had gotten kinda cold. We reached the diner and walked inside, feeling the warmth surround me. There were only three other people there and it was three angry old women at a table. We sat down in a booth and a waitress camv6 e by, I ordered coke and Tom just ordered orange juice. He was still holding my hand, under the table now. She came back pretty fast and we ordered the pie. My face went red when he rubbed my hand a little with his thumb. He was just grinning a little to himself while eating the pie, like he knew exactly what he was doing.

I was just staring at him for a minute, looking at his face. I didn't mean to stare, I was still of out of it. He noticed and looked back at me. There was this weird tension, I'm not sure how to describe it. It was weird, made feel kinda fidgety. He leaned down and slowly pressed our lips together. His lips are soft and warm, and he tastes like the pie. I let me eyes fall shut as I gently kissed back. He squeezed my hand a little before moving away from the kiss. Again it was silent for a moment. "We can't let Tord and Matt know that happened because of them." God, he's right. As amazing as that was the last thing those two need is an ego boost. I nodded "agreed." I won't tell them for the time being, and they can just think it was another bust. "Do you wanna go home? I'm tired" I asked setting my fork down and rubbing my eyes.

He nodded and we stood up. We decided to just split the check since it wasn't a lot. Once I got home Tord was in the arm chair, same as the other night. He looked considerably more smug this time though. "Sooo, how was it?" I scoffed. "Very funny. I'm going to bed." I mumbled walking over to the stairs. "You guys got back late though, and you didn't answer my question!" "GOODNIGHT TORD." I closed my door and sighed as I leaned against it. Tom and I decided to go out again, we would decide where this time. I'm so excited, Tom seemed happy about it too.

====================================
1285 words total

I like this one, it's simple and nice, I think it came out alright.