TordMatt fluff: Not Goodbye

A/N: this takes place during the end, before Tom has stormed off but after Tord showed up
====================================

   It had been three weeks. Three amazing weeks, Tord had forgotten how much he missed Matt. At first he was weirdly really hurt because the ginger was being super distant towards him, but then he finally got him alone and they talked. Matt explained that he didn't understand why Tord had wanted to come back now. It had been such a long time and Matt hardly ever got hung up on people but he had missed Tord a lot and it took him a while to get over it. They weren't officially dating or anything but they both knew it wasn't platonic, but then Tord just decided to leave and a month later he was gone. It was so sudden, just like him coming back, and Matt still couldn't figure it out.

    Tord felt really bad, he wanted to tell Matt right there, he knew Matt could keep a secret and wouldn't care about the risk, but he didn't know if he could trust him. Things had changed a lot and it was clear Matt had complicated feelings towards Tord right now, he didn't want to make it worse. So he just hugged him and apologized. He said Matt meant the world to him and that he didn't want to upset him. Matt sighed and hugged back. It took a little while but now that Matt was walking to actually spend time with him they quickly became close again, their old dynamic setting back in. But this time Tord wanted it to be different. He and Matt were at the gas station by the house when he asked, it was a simple "Hey, can we be actual boyfriends?" Not that things weren't good last time, he just had a lot more going on right now and he wanted Matt to fully understandwhat he wanted. Matt smiled and said yeah, then kissed his head like he had done so many times before.

    So here they were. Tord knew he needed to do it soon, but he made up his mind that he needed to tell Matt. The longer he waited the harder it would be, he was just so happy with the way things were now, he was scared of ruining it. So he sat there, holding the little bat with one hand, gently combing the orange hair. He couldn't tell if he had fallen asleep or not, it was pretty late. They were on Matt's bed, Tord in his pajamas. It was so hot out they had the air conditioner on full blast, but since it was a peice of shit you could loudly hear it but they had the TV on, even though they had it on pretty quiet, just background noise, it made the ac more tolerable. Matt was a fuzzy little orange and black fruit bat, laying on Tord's arm.

    His eyes gently opened back up as Tord set the comb down and held him with both hands, lifting him up so they were at eye level. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Tord kissed the top of his head, the way a princess would have kissed a frog. Matt blinked as his ears flicked a little, looking up at Tord. The norsk just smiled and put him down on the bed and got down on his stomach. "I love you." He wasn't saying it like he wanted Matt to say it back, it was just a statement. He pet the little bat that leaned into his touch.

    He did need to tell Matt if he wanted to keep him, and losing him was out of the question. Toed would find a time to tell him, and he wouldn't carry out the plan any further until he did. He just needed the right time, and that time just wasn't now.

    Matt shifted back into himself and before Tord could say anything Matt held his face with both hands and kissed him deeply for a few seconds before pulling away and looking at his blushing boyfriend. "I love you too." They feel asleep shortly after since it was already like 3:45 am. They slept on tip of the covers since they were heavy and it would have been too hot.

====================================
725 words total

This is just a little drabble but I had so much fun writting it I love it so much

I realize that in a lot of these I'll do that I really loved or something and then months later come back and think it's aweful then feel dumb for saying I liked it, but that's stupid, I enjoyed this a lot and I don't care if I don't like it forever because I like it now