TomEdd fluff: midnight ball

A/N: ok, so I love this. It's wonderful. 💚💙
============================================

                                  Tom's POV

      I leaned against the wall. This is the lamest new years party I've ever been to. Seriously! ONLY DIET SMIRNOFF! IT'S DISGUSTING! Who decided that the ONLY alcohol should be diet smirnoff!?  I let out a frustrated sigh.

       Why did I agree to this!? All the rich assholes who have garbage taste get to be drunk. But I have to stay sober because I don't feel like throwing up! My boss insisted that I be at his party.

         So... I heard tord was gonna be here. So I'm kinda just trying to stay invisible. Knowing him he's probably just here cuz he wasn't invited. I need some air.

          I walked out to the balcony only to find someone already there. He looked just as miserable as I felt. He was staring up at the stars. I might as well say something. I leaned on the rail and looked at him "not exactly the party type I'm guessing?". He looked a little surprised to see me but he still laughed a little. His laugh is really cute.

          I shook my head a little. "No, not at all. My friend practically dragged me here. I don't even think he was invited!" He was clearly not happy to be here. I chuckled "I here that. My boss is the host. He made me and a few of my coworkers come. I honestly don't know why".

          He sighed. I really hope he's not here with Tord. He's way to cute to be hanging out with a commie basterd like Tord. What is his name? "What did you say your name was?" I tilted my head a little. He smiled to himself "I didn't. Call me Edd.". Oh ya, I guess he didn't. "I'm Tom.". He nodded.

          We talked for what felt like hours. But at the same time, it could have easily been five minutes. He was a little awkward at first, but he's really funny and outgoing once he's comfortable. And his smile is just adorable.

           Suddenly we heard everyone inside yelling. "Is everything alright in there?" He let out a small nervous laugh. "I'm not sure.". What's going on. Then I realized there all gathered around the giant clock. It about to be midnight! That makes sense.

           "There just counting down. I forget it's new years Eve." I shrugged. "Ooohhh" he nodded. He thought for a moment, blushed, then shook his head. I wonder what he thought of... I got an idea.
I'm eather gonna get kicked in the balls or I'll get his number..... It's worth a shot.

            When they got to zero I put my hand on his cheek and pressed our lips together. I can hear the fireworks in the background. I might seem pretty calm but if I'm being honest I'm totally freaking out. Just on the inside.

             He just stood there for a moment, not sure what to do. He slowly melted into the kiss. It was short and sweet. He pulled away and we just stared at each other. Until I started laughing. He broke out in a fit of giggles as well.

              Once he stopped laughing he kissed my cheek and it was clear he wanted to say something but he was interrupted. "Seriously!?" Tord almost yelled from the door. WAIT ARE THEY DATING!? OH SHIT OH NO! I MESSED UP! He seemed really confused bye my look of panic.

               "When I said this was an opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and meet new people, I didn't think you would kiss the world's biggest asshole.". Oh thank God! I may not like Tord but I would never try to kiss his boyfriend. That's messed up. Edd was practically a tomato "I-I uh... I usume you guys know each other?". He tried to change the subject.

                   I nodded a little. We walked back inside. Of course tord ruined the ONE time a cute guy is actually into me. Huh? He tapped my shoulder and I looked over at him. He shuffled his feet a little before saying "um, I had alot of fun tonight. And it's rare for me to enjoy partys. I was hoping we could hang out again sometime?". I couldn't help but smile a little. "Sounds good. I'll buy you coffee this weekend if you like.". He agreed and gave me his number then had to drive tord home.

                  Huh. What an odd night. Definitely not something I'll forget.

============================================
753 words total

I love this. I don't know why. I just do.