(DESTIEL) In The Arms of an Angel

I don't think this has any TW's... Maybe just heights?  Anyway, have fun

Word count: 1690

Sam and Dean were in the kitchen when Sam decided now would be the perfect time to bring the subject up... again.

"C'mon, Dean! You know he'll take care of you! Why won't you just say yes?" To say Sam was frustrated would be an understatement. Cas had been trying to get Dean to agree to this for weeks now, but Dean never gave in! "When Gabe took me flying, it was perfectly safe! You know that Cas won't let you get hurt!"

Dean sighed, as he did every time this was brought up. "I already told you, Sam," he said, exasperated, "I hate heights! Everyone knows that!" He wouldn't say it out loud, but Dean was actually very close to giving in to his boyfriend's and brother's pleas. When Gabriel and Sam had come back from their flying excursion... Dean had to seriously wrack his memories to remember a time when Sam had looked that exhilarated and happy.

Cas had offered, but Dean had been quick to shoot him down. As he pointed out, time and time again, he hated heights! His boyfriend had tried to convince him, but had given up when Dean refused to budge. Now Sam was trying and he'd even gotten Gabriel to try his hand. Dean shot all of them down, over and over.

But... Who knows, maybe it really wouldn't be that bad?

*****

A few days later, Dean and Castiel were in the DeanCave together. Dean had his legs thrown over the edge of the couch and his head resting in Cas's lap. Cas was gently running his fingers through Dean's hair, reading some lore book while Dean watched the newest release of Dr. Sexy MD.

During a commercial break, Dean turned his head slightly to face Castiel. Cas noticed his movement and looked down at him, moving his hand to caress Dean's cheek. "What is it, Dean?" He asked.

Dean hesitated for a moment, pursing his lips in thought, before heaving a sigh and saying, "Alright. Fine." At Castiel's puzzled look, Dean added, "Flying, Cas. You can take me flying."

Cas's eyes shot wide open and his jaw dropped. After a moment, he managed, "Really??"

Dean had to laugh at his shocked expression. "Yes, Cas. But-" he raised a finger and sat up, "I have one rule." Cas nodded as he waited for Dean to go on, "Do not take me up high."

Cas nodded enthusiastically. Of course he would honor Dean's wishes! He was shocked, but overjoyed that he would be able to share this with his human! Cas had really thought that Dean would never give in, no matter how many times he asked. He couldn't help but wonder what had changed Dean's mind, but that could wait.

"Ok," Dean said, seemingly satisfied, and lay his head back down on Cas's lap, "After this episode is finished, we can go."

Cas could hardly contain his excitement! He'd been waiting for weeks! Impatiently, he sat and eagerly anticipated the end of Dean's show.

Once it had finished, with Dr. Sexy and his formerly estranged nurse girlfriend locked in a hall closet, Dean turned the T.V. off and sat up. Cas was instantly on his feet, almost bouncing with nervous energy. Dean smiled at his boyfriend, who now resembled an excited puppy more than an Angel of the Lord.

"Alright," he said, "let's go then."

Cas was smiling so wide, Dean was sure his face would split in half, his eyes crinkling in that certain way he did when he was truly happy. Dean could never get enough of that face, that look Cas had, and faintly he wondered why he hadn't agreed to this earlier.

They stopped by their shared room so Dean could grab Baby's keys and then they headed out to the Impala, calling a 'be back in a bit!' to their brothers, who were currently making out in the kitchen.