(DSMP-RANBOO) For I Left Eden's Gardens and Lost My Way Back (4)

There will be at least one more part after this.  As I said, I had so much fun writing this. Holy cow, there was so much to add! 

TW's- Water burns (blink and you miss it), fear, Michael demonstrating the exact reasons I would give my life for him, crying, mentions of more memory issues and amnesia, slight discussion of the death of a parent. 

Word Count: 2240

Ranboo paraded Krasiv across his home, detailing every little thing that came to mind. Stories of the revolution, Pogtopia, Niki's bakery- anything that came to his mind was conveyed to willing ears .

Suddenly, he gasped and his wings snapped open. "Oh Nether," he swore, "I have to introduce you to Michael!"

With his mother's hand still grasped in his, he pushed off the ground and spun into the air. She laughed, tilting her head back as she spiraled after him.

"Come on, come on!" He cried.

"I'm coming, Ranboo, I'm coming! You have to remember that I am several hundred years older than you!" They laughed.

Together, the duo swooped over the city, Ranboo taking the opportunity and the bird's eye view to point out more interesting details about the city and detailing stories about his son. Finally, he tucked his wings and sped toward the ground, his mother laughing behind him.

He landed lightly in front of his and Tubbo's home. He walked up the steps and entered the quaint little house, ready to make a beeline straight to his son's door.

As soon as he stepped into the hallway, he realized how scared Michael must be. The last time he'd seen either of his fathers, they'd been speeding away to fight! Some of the wind was stolen from under his wings and he turned to his mother.

"Uh, he's probably going to be a little freaked out..." he explained, "The last time he saw me was when I was on my way to the, uh, to the fight."

Krasiv nodded, her eyes pinching. "It's alright," she said, "take your time, little one. I'll be here when he's ready."

Ranboo nodded his thanks and began to make his way to Michael's bedroom. He knocked lightly and called, "Michael? Michael, it's me, dad!"

There was the sound of shuffling and a lot of things moving before the door swung open and Michael barreled into his dad's legs. Ranboo almost tipped over from the force of it, but he steadied himself with his wings.

Carefully, he slid down to the ground and lifted Michael away from his legs, pulling him into his arms. "It's alright, little one," he whispered, "we're okay. Everyone's going to be ok." He looked past his son's head and saw a stack of toys and a chest pushed against the wall. He'd tried to barricade the door.

Michael was sobbing. He buried his head in Ranboo's jacket and dug his stubby fingers into his skin. Ranboo rubbed his back lightly, whispering comforting words and rocking back and forth, pressing little kisses to his exposed skull. He ignored how his skin began to sting and burn as his son's tears soaked through the fabric.

"Everyone will be okay, Michael," he said again. "I know that was scary and I'm sorry you had to go through it. But everyone's okay, alright? You were so brave and I'm so, so proud of you."

Michael chuffed wetly and pulled back, bumping his head against Ranboo's. Ranboo closed his eyes, still rocking the little piglin, and pressed a light kiss to his forehead.

After a few minutes, Michael seemed to have calmed down some. He sniffed and wiped at his eye, rubbing away the tears that had fallen and dried.

"Michael," Ranboo said quietly, "There's someone I want you to meet. I know you've had a really long night, so it's ok if you're not feeling up to it. But there is someone very important to me who wants to meet you!" He smiled at his son, running one hand through the little fuzz on his head. "What do you say, little one? Are you up for it?"