(DSMP- BOREAL TRIO) Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (Pray the Lord My Soul to Keep)

Okay guys! Here's the second part! There's going to be one more after this!

TW- torture, burns, dehumanization, abuse, graphic descriptions of violence against a minor.

This one is literally just angst. You've been warned.

Word count: 2040

Ranboo was startled awake by a hissed, "Get up, kid," and someone softly kicking at his legs. His eyes shot open and he straightened, looking around at the same dark room he'd been in before. He'd hoped it was just a nightmare.

"Someone's coming," Techno said lowly.

Ranboo's ears flicked forward, straining to hear the telltale sounds of someone approaching. He could hear them: footsteps coming closer and closer to the small room they were contained in. But...

"There's more than one," he whispered. Techno grunted in agreement.

"That can't be good," Phil said.

"No kidding," Techno mumbled, almost to himself.

Ranboo pulled his legs close again. They must have fallen away from him while he slept. His tail twitched and he swallowed. With how the last encounter had gone, he really wasn't looking forward to meeting more than one of their captors at a time.

The torch light was approaching from down the hallway, drawing nearer to them. Ranboo could hear them conversing with each other, laughing at something that was said.

Soon enough, too soon in Ranboo's opinion, the light was being mounted outside their cell and the door was swinging open. He could see the man from before standing in the middle of the group, two people on either side of him, with cloth sacks slung over their shoulders.

"Well now," the man drawled, "I hope you've been good little animals while I've been away."

Phil snorted and rolled his eyes, trying to convey a confidence Ranboo could see he didn't feel. "Sure," he said sarcastically, "we've been perfect little angels."

Ranboo lowered his head so the humans couldn't see his smile. It was small, but it was a smile all the same.

He heard the snap of fingers and fabric rustling and looked up. Both cronies were approaching Phil, a thick piece of fabric in one of their hands.

"What's that?" The Avian asked nervously. He didn't get an answer and the men kept approaching.

"What are you doing?" Still no answer. His feathers were rising again, trying to intimidate. It didn't work.

One of the men grabbed a hold of his wing and wrenched it away from the wall. Phil squawked, trying to pull his wing away from the man's iron grip. The man had grabbed a handful of feathers, forcing Phil go still to avoid them being ripped away.

Techno growled, straining toward his partner. "Let go of him!"

The other man, the one with the fabric, crept closer to his body. Phil tried to keep him in sight, but he couldn't turn his head that much. When the man was behind him, the thick fabric was slipped over his eyes.

The effect was instantaneous. Phil went perfectly still, his wings drooping. It was like the loss of his sight had paralyzed him!

Just like a bird, Ranboo thought, horrified. They know what they're doing.

The men stepped away, the one releasing his grip on Phil's wing, letting them slump to the dusty ground.

"Philza?" Techno asked worriedly. All the answer he got was a quiet chirp.