(PATTON SANDERS) Not All Heroes Wear Capes

TW- Bullying, self worth issues, and nightmares... I think that's it. Hope so.

Word count: 2137

You just wanted to go home. You wanted to leave work early and just go home and cry. You didn't want to deal with McKenna's crap anymore! You had had enough of your coworker and you were just... Exhausted! There's no other way to put it! You were just done.

"Hey," a snooty voice called. You heard it over the bustle of the coffee shop but you wanted to ignore it. You didn't want anything to do with her. Nevertheless, you always tried to be nice and you didn't think you would be able to keep your job if you threw a boiling kettle at a co-worker. Even if you REALLY wanted to.

You sighed and turned to face McKenna. "What do you want?" You said tiredly.

Her perfectly manicured nails clicked as she wiped down a counter not far from you. Without a single hair out of place, she looked at you and ran her eyes over your clothes and face. She made a huge show of thinking while she examined you before she finally said, "Oh, nevermind. I was just going to ask you if you could go take care of the register! But nevermind," false sympathy had crept into her voice, "I don't think anyone wants to see your ugly mug, so I'll just take it from here."

You sighed. Of course. If it was McKenna talking, you should just learn to expect some form of insult. You shook your head slightly and turned back to your work. You should just ignore her.

*Timeskip*

At last, the end of your shift was here. You were so relieved to go back to Thomas's house, you would have skipped out the door, if you weren't so exhausted.

You and your parents never agreed on anything, so it made living with them very difficult. You had needed a place to stay while you tried to get on your own feet. Then, one of your friends from high school had offered you a place at his house. Of course, you had accepted! You helped with some of his videos and you loved the Sides! Thomas's house felt more like home than your childhood house did.

As you passed her, McKenna made one more crack, "Hey, Y/N! Try and wear something at least a little bit nice tomorrow, m'kay sweetie? You look like a half drowned rat."

"Yes, your majesty," you muttered under your breath. You quickly left before McKenna could get another one in. The bell over the door gave a tinny ring as you walked out, leaving your tormentor behind.

Once you were in your car, you scrubbed your face with your hands, letting out a loud groan. You were a mess. Maybe you could watch a Disney movie with Roman when you got home? Yeah, that sounded good. A movie, some snacks, maybe you could curl up and take a nap for a while? Oh, that sounded even better!

With this plan and the promise of relaxation in the front of your mind, you turned your car on and pulled out of the parking lot.

15 minutes later, you were pulling into Thomas's driveway. You grabbed your stuff and walked up to the door. Taking your keys out, you unlocked it and walked in.

It was almost always hectic here, but you loved it! Thomas and all of the sides were your family and you loved them. It wouldn't really be home without Roman's singing, Pat's dad jokes, Logan's random facts and Virgil being there to chill and share existential crises with. This was home, hecticness and all!

Surprisingly, it was quiet when you walked in. The TV was on in the living room, so everyone was probably watching something. Sure enough, Thomas, Patton, Roman, Logan, and Virgil we're all asleep on the couch with the TV playing in the background.

You smiled to yourself and tiptoed up the stairs, dumping all your stuff on the bed before you flopped down next to it. You relaxed for a few minutes before you got up and started getting ready for bed. Sleep sounded very good right now.