(LOGICALITY) Coffee Shop

A/N: ALRIGHT GUYS, GALS, AND NONBINARY PALS. THIS IS MY VERY FIRST PRIDE PIECE.
Azure is my OC. I made them non-binary because I want to include more people, but I am not nonbinary. I'm a demigirl, but not enby. SO if any of my non-binary peeps out there catch any issues with Azure, don't be afraid to tell me and I'll change it!

EDIT: OCTOBER 12 2021
I was in denial at this point... I am non-binary, Azure was the first manifestation of my identity. So uh, yeah... Just putting this here...

NOW ONTO THE PRIDE CHAPTER.

TW: severe Homophobia, sadness, maybe a little physical abuse?? Ig?? And Karens and Chads. Because sure.

Word count: 2237

Logan took a seat at the little booth, putting his coffee down in front of him. His boyfriend, Patton, was quick to follow him. He put his Hot Chocolate down next to Logan and scooted over until he was leaning on him.

Logan smiled slightly and put his arm around Patton's shoulders. "I'm going to work on one of my papers," Logan informed him.

Patton nodded and yawned. "I'm exhausted!" He muttered, "I might just take a nap."

Logan nodded in understanding. The life of a student was hard! He didn't blame Patton for wanting to sleep. It felt like forever since the two had had a good night's rest.

It had become tradition for the two boys to go to the cafe down the street and just relax. Goodness knows they needed it! They came here so often they'd made friends with some of the employees! It was a break from everything at home, a welcome escape from the abundant homophobia that constantly surrounded them. Nothing hurt the way those words do.

Logan pulled a laptop out of his backpack and set it down on the table. Patton relaxed into him as Logan began working on the essay. He had most of it down, but the closing paragraph and the Bibliography needed help.

Psychology really was a fascinating class but the reports could get tedious over time.

About 30 minutes later, Logan had submitted the report and sat back, breathing a sigh of relief. Patton had finished his Chocolate a while ago and was leaning on Logan's shoulder, his eyes closed.

Logan looked down at his boyfriend and felt a smile creep onto his face. Patton's rounded glasses were slightly askew and his freckles stood out against his pale skin. Logan was a very lucky man.

He leaned down and kissed the top of Patton's head. His hair smelled like vanilla and strawberries, making Logan smile. He rested his head on Patton's, just enjoying his presence.

Patton stirred at the contact, his beautiful baby blue eyes fluttering open.

"You fell asleep," Logan whispered, looking down at his boyfriend.

Patton nodded groggily, smiling up at him. "I didn't think I was that tired," he said, "but it sure felt good!"

"I bet." Logan felt a smile tease at his lips. Patton always was one to see the good in everything. That was one of the plentiful reasons why Logan was so in love with him, although he'd never admit it.

Logan wasn't good with feelings. He had trouble expressing how he felt about most things, relationships being at the top of that list. He understood how frustrating that must be for Patton, who was basically the complete opposite. Patton, however, never snapped at him; yet another reason why he loved him.

Patton grinned, snuggling closer and laying his head on Logan's shoulder. Logan smiled as well, wrapping his other arm around his boyfriend.

"I love you, Lo," Patton whispered. He stretched up and pecked Logan's cheek, making him blush. They'd been together for a while now, but Logan still got butterflies!