(ALASTOR X UNNAMED FEM) Nightmares

A/N Does anyone else have those times when you're trying to sleep but your muse ambushes you and forces you to write something before you can feel inner peace? Well, that is what this was. I wrote this a while ago at 11:00 at night after hours of not being able to sleep.

TW- Lots of blood and gore, psychopaths, Hell in general... I mean, it's Hazbin Hotel, what do you expect?

Word count: 1019

Alastor's POV

My eyes fluttered open. I looked down at the beautiful girl in my arms, her eyes still closed and a small smile on her lips. I had my arms wrapped around her waist and one of her hands was resting atop mine.

A sliver of Hell's sun was just seeping in through the window. I didn't want to wake her, but it was probably time to get up anyway. Slowly, I slid my hands away from her body and placed one on her shoulder, gently shaking her awake.

Her eyes fluttered open and a small yawn escaped her mouth. I chuckled and brushed a strand of hair away from her face. She was beautiful, even with her hair mussed from sleep.

She waved her hand groggily and mumbled, "Not now," before rolling over and closing her eyes again.

I chuckled and shook my head. Silly girl. I moved away from her and slid off the bed, knowing full well that she would soon follow.

I walked to the window, looking out at the Pentagram. The city was bustling and alive, as it always was.

I clicked my fingers once and my sleepwear was immediately replaced with a new suit. I walked to her vanity and smoothed out my outfit, pressing any wrinkles from the red fabric.

In the mirror, I saw her begin to stir. I was right! She was waking up!

Groaning, she sat up. As I watched her reflection, something changed. I couldn't quite put my fingers on it, but something was definitely different. The very air that surrounded her was changed, more sinister and unsettling.

Even though it was clear that she was awake, she still hadn't raised her head. What was this?

I turned around to face her slowly, my smile gradually fading away. "Darling?" I said, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" she said perkily. Her voice sounded the same as it always did, but the aura surrounding her was only getting darker. This wasn't the girl I fell in love with...

Something definitely wasn't right. I took one step closer but stopped. "Darling? Why don't you look at me?" I said cautiously.

"Because then you'd see!" Her cheerful voice was still the same; with that creepy and sinister undertone. Suddenly, she stopped. It seemed that the very air was frozen, waiting. "But maybe... You should see? You should know..." Now, her voice was drastically different. It was hard to believe that this was the same girl!

My heart was pounding in my ears. Dreading the answer I would receive, I asked, "See what, my dear?" I was shocked to hear my voice quavering.

A dark chuckle escaped her lips as she looked up. Once I saw her, I felt my heart physically stop.

Her throat was covered in dried blood. An 8-inch gouge was cut into her neck, deep and clean.

My eyes widened in shock and horror. I rushed to her, taking her face in my hands and trying my best to see the wound. "Who did this to you?!" I breathed.

She chuckled and gave an innocent smile. "Why... You did!" And then she began to laugh. It was the most unsettling sound I've ever heard. It was sadistic, maniacal, hungry - mine.

I backed away from her, horrified. Had I really done this? Had I hurt her like this? Was this my fault?

As her laugh became higher and higher and more and more sinister, fresh blood began pumping rhythmically from her throat. It poured down her front and onto the floor, the puddle quickly becoming larger and spreading toward me.

My back hit the wall and I sunk to the ground. My legs refused to hold my weight. Had I done this? I couldn't have! I had sworn that I would never hurt her and I never break my word!

Suddenly, the changed girl was right in front of me! Blood was still pumping out, coating my hands as I tried to get away. I felt the blood, warm and sticky on my hands. She put a hand on my shoulder and I looked at her, eyes wide in terror. I've never been this scared before, not even when I was taking my final breaths amidst those damned hounds!

She smiled gently and said, "You did this to me." She leaned closer, her lips almost touching my ear. Mockingly, she whispered, "Darling."

Leaning back on her heels, she smiled once again. Suddenly, a sickening gurgling noise emitted from her throat. Blood spurted from her neck, a drop of crimson dripping from her lips. She gasped.

"You.... Killed me,' she breathed. Then, her eyes rolled up into her head and she fell back, one last desperate burst of air escaping her lungs... before she was still.

The room was spinning. How long it had been that way, I couldn't tell. All I could hear was her voice: You killed me.

I killed her.

You killed me.

I killed her.

I killed her.

A/N- Cheery! And yes, I know in canon he's aroace, but he will forever have a special place in my heart as the instigator leading to my gay awakening. I mean, I freaking named myself after him, so yeah, he's pretty important to me. I have something else for him in the works right now. In ALL of my writing, I will keep his asexuality and autism. The aro parts and the touch aversion may fluctuate depending on the story. Thanks for reading!

P.S. How would y'all feel about a young!Al x (probably fem) reader going into a bit of his headcannon backstory? Cuz I've been playing around with that idea...