(DSMP- BOREAL TRIO) Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (I Hear A Voice, It's Calling Me)

I had no idea I would become this attached to these characters. My Minecraft phase was back in 2014 and I thought I was over it, but here I am all these years later, obsessing over block people again. Sue me, I like angst.

I apologize in advance for this, but I can't help it. I'm a sucker for some enderangst and if I can drag the emerald!duo into it, then you can bet your soul that I'll jump at the opportunity.

This'll be part one of (I'm thinking) two. I just ran out of space in the title to add the (part one) thing.

💥ALL PAIRINGS ARE PLATONIC💥

TW- memory problems, implied/referenced past slavery, implied past child abuse, past sexual assault, chains, racism (in the form of hybrids), slavers, brief mentions of burns, panic attacks, abuse of a minor... I think that's it? Lmk if you find one I missed.

Word count: 3027

Ranboo couldn't remember how he'd gotten here. That wasn't necessarily uncommon for him, but waking up in a pitch black room with no idea of how he'd gotten there or how to get out was still nerve wracking.

It wasn't until he tried to stand when the panic really started setting in. His wrists were bound with something and going by the clinking sounds of metal on stone, they were chains. He hated being tied up- too many barely remembered unpleasant memories.

"Hello?" He called, panic rising in his throat, "Hello!"

Somewhere close by, it sounded like it was in the same room, there were more clinks from someone else moving. "We're here, kid," a monotone voice said.

"Techno?" He whispered.

"The one and only." There was a loud grunt as Techno shifted, his chains clanging together.

"And me, mate," a third voice chimed in.

"Philza!" Ranboo sighed. All three of them were here then... While he was overjoyed that he wasn't alone, he couldn't shake the thought that no one was coming for them now. Outside of him, Technoblade, and Phil, no one lived out in the tundra. It was nice and isolated, keeping the anarchists away from any tempting government to topple, but that also meant that no one would notice they were gone.

Ranboo let his head fall back against the stone behind him. He let himself think of Tubbo for a moment. He had no idea where he even was or how to get back to his husband and Michael... He didn't know if he ever would and that thought alone made his heart jump into his throat.

There were very few things he could remember from his past, most of them things he wished he could forget. One thing that would never leave him, however, was the hunters. He hadn't even told Tubbo about them! He'd been about to, yes, but 'about to' isn't the same as saying it. In any case, there was a reason he hated being constricted or bound. He just fervently prayed history wasn't repeating itself.

He didn't notice how heavy his breathing was getting until Phil started whispering, "Hey, mate, take a breath for me."

Within only a few minutes, he'd managed to get his breathing back under control. "Sorry," he muttered, shaking his head to clear the crowding thoughts.