(JANUS SANDERS X OC) Winter Wonderland

(A/N This is before SVS Redux, so the lights don't know his name yet.)

TW- straightness, hypothermia, cold weather effects on a cold blooded creature

Word count: 5700

Samantha loved her family. She really did! She loved the boys and she especially loved her twin sister, Felicity. Sometimes though, they made it a bit difficult.

Now was one of those times. Roman had dragged her out of bed at 7 AM, which was a surprise in and of itself because he was usually the one to sleep in! She had been jerked out of sleep as he had busted in through her door, exclaiming, "We are going on a grand adventure! So, get up and come get some breakfast so we can GO!"

She had wanted to murder him right then. She'd been so close! Only an inch away from each other, hearts pounding... Even his scales had been tinged pink! That was the best dream Sam had had in a very long time, just for Creativity to waltz right in and ruin it!

The sea green bed across the room was empty. Wondering where her twin was, Sam had groggily gotten dressed in a light teal sundress and black leggings and stumbled down the stairs for breakfast. She was still rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she sat down at the table, pouring herself a cup of Patton's home-made hot chocolate.

"Hey, Kiddo!" Morality greeted. He was smiling broadly, already dressed in his normal blue shirt and cardigan.

Sam nodded at him, smiling sleepily. She loved Pat more than any of the other sides. He was the best dad ever! Quite literally! Roman and Patton had decided together to remove some stress from their jobs, as they both were beginning to drown in their separate responsibilities. So they had split and had created a new side: Passion.

However, Morality and Creativity had had differing opinions on what "Passion" would mean. Patton thought it was more like that soulful feeling you get when you help someone; that good feeling you get that makes you long for more. Roman had thought it was the flaming passion of being hopelessly in love; that feeling you get when you're around someone you really like that makes your heart go 'thump'.

This differing in their interpretation of the word "Passion" caused a double split in the new side. And that was how Soulful Passion and Flaming Passion had been created. Samantha encompassed the soulful aspect, while Felicity controlled the flame.

"Hi Pat," Sam said, yawning, "Do you have any idea where we're going?"

Patton only shook his head, giving her a mystified shrug. "I'm sure Roman has something fun planned, though!"

"Yeah, he'd better. I was having a really good dream." Sam said dejectedly. "But couldn't we have slept in? It's Saturday for goodness sake!"

Patton opened his mouth to respond, but just then, Logan walked in. He was followed by a blushing Felicity and a very flustered Virgil. Roman brought up the rear, looking like he might puke.

Sam looked up from her chocolate at her sister. "Okay," she said, "I have got to know what happened."

Roman looked at Sam, then back at Virgil, who had his hands shoved in his pockets, still flustered, then to Felicity, who was still a blushing mess. "I caught those two," he gestured at her sister and Virgil, "Making out in the hallway!"

Felicity looked up and glared at Roman. "We were not making out. It was just a kiss!"

"A very heated kiss," Virgil muttered under his breath.

Felicity smacked his arm, "Not helping!" She hissed.

"What?" He said, laughing, "I don't regret it!"

Felicity seemed to be trying not to smile, but she failed. Sam just wanted her to be happy and she wasn't going to pretend that she hadn't seen the new couple coming.