(DSMP-RANBOO) Your Spirit Wild, Your Suffering Brief (5)

MUMZA. I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART.

Word count: 1592

It had to happen soon; that night. The unspoken worry was that they had waited too long already and it was too late for the young Ender Prince. 

Kristin was concerned. She could feel how weak Ranboo's grip on life was.  She may be Death, but she was going to do everything in her power to make sure his soul stayed in his body. It wasn't his time, she was sure of that.

She knew a few things about Enderian culture and royalty.  She even knew the current Queens personally!  That's why she was so shocked at the conclusion they'd come to. Krasiv and Zerfira had loved their son! If Ranboo was their child, then they must have no idea where he is: they would never let him go through this on his own if they had any idea it was happening. 

Kristin was kneeling by the side of the bed. Techno and Phil were talking quietly to each other on the other side of the room. She'd tuned them out a while ago, just focusing on the rise and fall of Ranboo's back. 

"Phil," she said, interrupting their conversation, "I'm going to try something really quick."

Techno and Philza exchanged a look and made their way to her side. "What're you thinking?" Her husband asked. 

Kristin kept her gaze on the young man, her own parental instincts worsening her concern.  "If we try this and he doesn't know what's going on, he could wake up in the middle of it and try to fight. He might do that anyway, I have no idea what this could do to him..." She reached out almost instinctively and traced her fingertip over his sleeping face. "I'm going to try and get inside his head, let him know what's going on so he can be at least a little prepared."

She glanced over at Phil, who's eyes were pinched with worry. "This is going to be hell on him as it is; I might as well try and make it a little easier to bear."

Phil nodded, rubbing a hand across her back. "Do what you can, Kris," he said, "Thank you for what you've done already."

She nodded, leaning forward and resting her head on his chest for a moment. He gave her a quick hug, running his hands up her arms. "It's almost like another Wilbur, isn't it?"

Phil nodded. "He's like another son," he admitted, "I don't want to lose him."

Techno grunted, looking at the ground.  "He's like the little brother I never had." He looked up, his red eyes still heavy. "He doesn't deserve this.  I don't wanna lose him either."

Kristin nodded.  She pulled out of her husband's embrace and took a deep breath. She didn't want to lose him either, which was kind of ridiculous, seeing as how this was their first time actually meeting. But she'd seen how much Ranboo meant to Phil and Technoblade and she'd do anything to keep her boys happy.

Turning back to the unconscious enderman, she raised both hands and gently pressed her fingers to his temples.  She took another breath and closed her eyes, letting her forehead come down to rest on Ranboo's scalp. 

Then she was in a different place.  She was floating in blackness, her hair blowing across her face by some unseen wind. She took a small band off her wrist and tied her hair up, keeping it out of her eyes.

"Ranboo?" She called into the darkness, "Ranboo, where are you!"

A voice suddenly appeared behind her. "Who are you?"

She turned and found herself face to face with Ranboo.  He looked better than he did in real life; actually standing upright with his eyes open, a smart looking suit resting on his tall frame.  His wings were spread out behind him and his eyes were open and lucid.