(DSMP-RANBOO) Your Spirit Wild, Your Suffering Brief (4)

I honestly have no idea how many more parts there are going to be.

Same TW's, you know they drill by now.

Word count: 1069

Phil wandered out to the front room, kneeling down in front of the couch and pressing his hands together. His wings were drooping with exhaustion as he bowed his head, resting his forehead on the tips of his fingers.

His wedding ring caught a flash of sunlight that slipped through the window, the ray illuminating the swirling purple streaks embedded in the black stone. He focused on it and began his prayer:

"Kristin? I know you know what's going on down here. I don't- I don't know what to do. I'm not even one hundred percent sure what it is! I- we could really use your help right now."

There was a whooshing sound from behind him and Phil looked up, meeting Kristin's steady gaze. Her black hair fell in waves down the sides of her face and she smiled tightly at him.

"Hey, honey," she said, "Can I see him?"

Phil nodded and laboriously got to his feet. "Do you know what's happening, Kris?"

"I have a suspicion," she confirmed, "but I won't know until I can look him over."

Phil nodded. "I've got an idea, too." It wasn't a happy idea, but he was pretty sure he understood what was happening. He led the way down the hall and back to the room.

Techno looked up as the couple entered. He nodded slightly at Kristin before going back to tipping a healing potion into Ranboo's mouth. 

"How is he, mate?" Phil asked, "Any changes?" Techno shook his head, clearly still rattled from the brief time Ranboo was lucid.

Kristin approached, her dress swirling around her ankles.  She stood over the bed, looking down at the unconscious enderman with narrowed eyes. She leaned closer, her brows furrowing as she examined the wounds on the back of his ribcage.

Slowly, she reached one hand out and hovered it over the inflammation closest to her. She sucked in a breath as the heat hit her skin. 

Kristin tilted her head and raised her other hand. Slowly, she began running her fingertips up and down Ranboo's side, migrating closer and closer to the wounds. She seemed to find something as she suddenly froze a few inches away from the mass.

"Philza," she said, "come over here and feel this."

He moved to his wife's side, looking at her worriedly. She took his hand and guided it to rest where her fingers lay.

"Run your hand over his side," she instructed. He did as she told him to, stopping as he felt the same thing she had. 

"Prime, what is that?" He asked, horrified.

"What?" Techno had been watching them, his brows furrowed with worry. "What's wrong?"

Phil looked up at his wife, his blue eyes stretched wide.  "Is that..."

She nodded seriously, "It's a bone."

Phil withdrew his hand, rubbing at his eyes as he turned around.  "Nether," he swore, "I was praying I was wrong."

Kristin laid a soft hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry," she said, "I know it's not what you were hoping for."

Techno chuffed. "Hello?" He said, waving a hand at them, "Care to fill in what's going on? Kinda in the dark here, guys."

Phil groaned.  "Sorry, Tech," he said, "It's just... Those are wings. They're wings." He breathed out sharply.  "I can feel the bone just under his skin and-" he ran a hand through his hair. Out of all the things it could have been, it just had to be this. 

Techno looked shocked, glancing from Phil to the lumps on Ranboo's back.  "Those are wings?" He asked incredulously.

Kristin spoke up. "It's not unheard of for a hybrid, specifically an enderian hybrid, to have another set of wings grow in at around the ages of 15 or 16. Most commonly, the second set is seen as a symbol of royalty."

Techno jerked his head up to look at her. "Royalty." He stated. "You mean to say that Ranboo is a prince?"

She nodded solemnly. "I'm not sure why he's not in The End, but he's here now and we need to do something-"

"Wait, hold on," Techno interrupted, "Phil, did your wings grow like this?"

Phil glanced over at Kristin, catching her eye. "No, mate," he said, shaking his head, "Mine were an engagement gift from her." He titled his head in Kristin's direction and she gave a small wave. "She just waved her hand and they appeared."

Techno looked down at Ranboo again and shook his head. "Is it always this... this painful?" He asked.

Kristin shook her head.  "No, it's usually fine. The royal Hauntings tend to keep their children close to the nest until they're much older." She approached Technoblade again, kneeling down next to him.  "Think of it like this. When a chick hatches from its shell, it's painless. In fact, it's the opposite of painful; it's a relief. However," she glanced down at Ranboo, her lips pursing, "sometimes the chicks will get stuck. Either they're not strong enough to break the shell, or the shell is too thick for them to penetrate."

Phil knelt next to his friend and his wife, all three of them staring at the young teenager.  "That's what's happening now, Tech," he explained quietly, "something's gone wrong and his wings haven't sprouted the way they were supposed to. But-" he lifted a hand and traced the edge of the bone still lodged under the black and white skin, "But the wings are still growing. They're still expanding as if they sprouted correctly and they're outside. They're growing inside of him."

"What's going to happen to him?" Technoblade asked quietly.

Kristin and Phil shared a worried look before Phil responded with a question of his own. "What happens to chicks who get stuck in their shells?"

Techno closed his eyes, his head lowering. "What can we do?"

Kristin laid a comforting hand on his knee. He looked up at her, meeting her gaze steadily. He was worried and distraught, but he was not going to lose this kid. He was the closest thing to a little brother he'd ever had; he'd rather die than let him go.

"Techno," she said softly, "I think you already know."

His shoulders slumped forward, his fingers going still in Ranboo's hair. "Nether," he swore.

(ꏿ﹏ꏿ;)

The next part will be Kristin's POV, I know that.  UGH I love Mumza so much.

❤️Al