(DSMP-RANBOO) For I Left Eden's Gardens and Lost My Way Back (3)

Paaart 3! Here we go, bois, finally heating things up!

TW's: Fighting, minor injuries, some angst, overstimulation, sort of panic attack, mentions of memory issues, some light blood... I can't think of any more.

Word Count: 3873

Short recap:  It was silent for just a moment and Ranboo dared to hope that none of the other endermen had noticed their comrade tumble... And then all hell broke loose...

Endermen started teleporting close to the huddled group, hitting them sharply before darting away. Those who had bows used them to push the endermen away, doing no real damage, but ensuring they couldn't get close enough to deliver a hit.

"Wait!" Ranboo cried, "Stop fighting!" However, nobody could hear his wretched cries over the sounds of combat. "Stop it!"

George was the first to fall. A bloody gash bloomed from his temple as an enderman appeared right in front of him, bringing a stone block crashing onto his skull. Dream cried out, dropping to his knees beside his body. George's dark hair was matting with free-flowing liquid, Dream's bright green jacket irreversibly stained with the blood of his husband.

Sapnap took a protective step in front of the two on the ground, his sword still raised, and fended off the attacks that were meant for his family. His veins were glowing, pulsing with liquid fire. The blaze hybrid was emitting enough heat to keep the majority of the endermen away from his fallen husbands, tongues of fire dancing across his skin.

Ranboo looked on in horror at the mayhem around him. Technoblade was laughing, a manic look creeping into his red eyes; he had always thrived on conflict and chaos. Phil was hovering, swooping down to deal lethal blows to new combatants with Tommy and Wilbur at his side. Tubbo and Puffy were a whirlwind of blades and horns. The two goats had their backs to the other and were spinning to take on new assailants every second.

Even with all their progress, Ranboo knew it wouldn't be enough. For every endermen that was struck down, five more seemed to take its place.

"Stop it!" Ranboo cried again. Couldn't they see? None of these endermen, his brethren, meant them any harm! It was the humans who had fired the first shot and none of the attacking creatures held a weapon.

Bad fell next, the same way George had. His dark hood fell from its place on his head and his black skin was revealed, slowly being stained a dark ruby red. Sam stepped over him as Skeppy dropped next to him, shaking the demon's shoulder and calling his name.

Ranboo could feel, even through the chaos surrounding him, the eyes of hundreds of endermen trained on him. There was too much going on, too many competing noises, too many eyes on him. His ears were pinned back to the side of his head and he raised his hands to press them further. The noise was overwhelming, all-encompassing, enveloping him in panic. All four of his wings wrapped around him, shielding him from the mayhem.

Why couldn't they have just listened to him? Why hadn't they just payed attention to what he was trying to tell them? He'd tried to warn them, he'd tried so hard to get them to listen to him! But they hadn't and now their friends were being hurt and there was nothing he could do for them-

Ranboo wasn't consciously aware of his surroundings as his knees grew weak and he sank to the ground. His hands were wound through his hair, somehow pressing at his ears and pulling at the shaggy black and white strands at the same time. He wasn't aware of the purple specks beginning to swirl around his hunched form. He wasn't aware of the vibrant glow that was starting to permeate the safe enclosure his wings provided.