Chapter 8

(Shiloh's pov)

When I arrived at the seamstress's house she was sitting on her front porch soaking up the sun.

She's so pretty.

She's always in a dress, with her hair tied up. Her cheeks are red and she's got the brightest, biggest, most heartwarming smile.

Her hair is light red, almost orange but not as radiant; with blonde highlights.

Her eyes are pale green, like a Chrysoprase stone and her skin is a soft tan like sand on a beach.

She looks up at me and gives me a welcoming smile "hey Shiloh!" she says while waving at me.

Oh crap! Did I just get caught staring?!

I wave back and smile awkwardly, I'm always super awkward around girls my age.

🧚🏼‍♀️

I walk into her small shop and sit down in the seat in front of her desk.

"It's decorated really nice in here, I like the....walls?"

The walls Shiloh?..... The walls?!

"Oh? Yeah my mom and I painted them ourselves" she laughs.

I sit there awkwardly, looking for something else to complement. Anything else!!

"So what can I do for you today?" She asks as she sits in her seat.

I avoid making eye contact as I open my sketch book and show her my designs and the fabric I chose.

"wow, these are actually really cute! This design is pretty simple and it doesn't require that much time, I'll have it ready by tomorrow morning" she said.

I've never been this close to her before! her skin is perfect! It's so smooth and healthy!

She looks at me and we lock eyes "wow, you're actually quite beautiful" she says as she scans my face with her eyes.

I could feel myself blushing like crazy.

I break the eye contact by looking elsewhere. In an attempt to avoid her gaze I looked directly at her chest and immediately looked away.

Fuck! She's going to think I'm a pervert! She's going to think I objectify women!

I clear my throat "thank you" I said, fiddling with my fingers.

She laughs and tucks her hair behind her ear "hey, no need to be so shy! I'm sure you hear that a lot" she smiles and picks my sketch book up examining it further.

Why did my eyes have to go there?! I didn't see anything so it's okay.... right?

My heart is beating so fast it feels like it's gonna explode! I have to get out of here before I pass out!

"well if that's all, I'll be on my way" I said, still avoiding both her eyes and her chest at all costs.

"okay, I'll have it ready by 8 am tomorrow morning. I can drop it off if you want"

"NO!" I shout before realizing what I've done "no, that won't be necessary! I'll come by here and pick it up"

she laughs and says "okay, I'll be waiting".

The whole way home I thought about her. How she looked, smelled and even the sound of her voice. My face began to feel hot as I thought about the way she looked into my eyes and then lowered her gaze to my lips.

"Today is the best day of my life!" I said aloud as I smiled and jumped with excitement!

When I finally got to my yard I seen Xena's Vola parked outside my house.