Chapter 15

(Xena's pov)

I found Shiloh in the guest room sleeping, but I didn't want to wake him. Why is he always so tired? Does he still deliver orbs on foot?

I should head to bed too, I'll take him home when the sun comes out.

🥷🏾

I had my personal chef, Lola cook breakfast. I usually just eat cereal but today Shiloh will be eating with me and I'm sure he'd appreciate a hot meal.

I went downstairs to wake him up but he was already sitting up in the middle of the bed.

"Hi. I'm sorry I fell asleep" he said scratching his head.

"Don't worry about it. You hungry?"

"Yeah! But aren't you supposed to be dropping me off at home?"

"Shiloh.....it's 8:15 am"

"What?!"

I pointed to the clock on the wall.

"See"

"Why didn't you wake me up?!"

I shrugged nonchalantly and walked out.

He met with me in the kitchen after he washed up a bit.

"Well, hello there" Lola said as she placed the silverware on the table "who's this Xena?" She asked as she gave me one of those 'he's cute' looks she used to always give me whenever anyone attractive was around.

"Lola this is Shiloh, Shiloh this is Lola"

"A pleasure to meet you Shiloh"

"The pleasure is all mine" he replied.

She gave me one last look before walking back into the kitchen.

"The pleasure is all mine" I said in a mocking, whiny tone.

"Shut up" he said throwing a grape at me.

🫧

(Jude's pov)

Today is officially my first day at Bolt Academy! I never thought I'd be able to say that! It's great here, they deliver breakfast to your door every morning and you can still go eat in the Cafe if you want.

My roommate came in late last night and left first thing this morning without saying a word.

What's with this guy? Is he antisocial?

🧚🏼‍♀️

(Shiloh's pov)

The food is fantastic and the chef is really nice, she lightens the atmosphere.

I'm glad she's here to keep it from getting awkward.

"So....where did you two meet?"

"Fabric store" Xena replied

"Oh? So..... how long have you two been...."friends"?" She asked in a suggestive tone.

I take back what I said! She's making it so awkward!

"Oh! No! w-were just....well we're not....we just..." I look over at Xena in distress, and she fights back a laugh.

"We're not hooking up Lola. He had to spend the night because he got locked out of his dorm"

"Oh, oops" she says before laughing "he just seems like your type"

Xena smiles and sips her drink.

I kind of wanted her to confirm if I was her type or not. Not that it matters.

"I'm just saying, all of the boys you've dated have been pretty boys. What ever happened to that one boy? What's his name? Oh! Casey!"

Casey? She's had a boyfriend before? She doesn't seem like the lovey dovey type.

"We decided to end things"

"You mean you decided to end things"

She laughs "he was very sweet though, we're still in touch. He's doing fine"

"Let me know when he's back in town, I'll cook for him again"

"Will do"

I guess she isn't the lovey dovey type.

All this talk about dating is making me think of Sky. I'm still not sure what we are and.....we have lunch plans! I've got to go!

"I don't mean to be rude but we should probably head back to the academy, I have to do orientation and I've made lunch plans"

"Okay, just let me change and we'll head out"

"Okay, no need to rush though"

She nods and sips her coffee.

🧚🏼‍♀️

We pulled back up to the academy.

"Thank you again, for everything"

"It's getting tiring saying "you're welcome" just go to orientation"

"Let's meet for dinner tonight? My treat!"

"Paying me back already I see. Alright, what time?"

"How about 8:00 pm?"

"Okay, are we meeting or am I just picking you up from your dorm?"

"I'll be in Val City, I'm having lunch there with..... someone I know. You can just meet me at Sam's Kitchen"

"Okay but....it's a bit pricey, are you sure?"

I nod my head "yeah! Of course I'm sure! I want to treat you to a nice dinner"

"How sweet. You really know how to make a girl feel special huh?"

I blush "you know I didn't mean it like that!"

She laughs "go to orientation Shiloh. I'll see you at 8"

"Okay, bye. I'll see you at 8" I said waving.