Chapter 47

(Xena's POV)

*at office on campus*

I just officially removed Jude from his old dorm and put him in the dorm with Shiloh. This is honestly what's best for him, if anything were to happen to him I'd honestly never recover.

Suddenly there's a knock at my door "come in"

Jaylin steps in and gives me a weak smile. "Hey."

"Hey."

...........

...............

....................

"Would you like to sit?" I ask

"Uh....yeah." he takes a seat and I just wait for him to tell me why he came to see me. He looks around at my office, not saying a word.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Not really.... listen I thought about what you said and .... I really have no choice but to believe you. I'll tell you everything, as long as you can protect me."

I nod "okay....well go pack, only bring important things. After I'm done here I'll drive you to your new location".

"Okay....thank you" he heads for the door.

"No problem...." I say under my breath.

*In Xena's car*

Jaylin loaded my truck and backseat full of his things and now we're on our way.

He doesn't talk much. It's so awkward.

The drive was long and quiet but we eventually got to the Villa he'll be staying at, just outside the city lines.

"Alright..... we're here" I say, unfastening my seat belt.

He nods then immediately gets out and starts to unload his bags. A few of my men came out of the house and helped bring his belongings to his new room.

After everything was brought in I decided to give Jaylin a heads up. Our interrogation isn't over yet.

"Elektra is gonna stop by a little later, she's just gonna ask questions, she's not allowed to touch you. Your conversation will be recorded, so if you'd rather not say something....just write it okay? Enjoy your stay" I say, leaving before he could respond.

(Shiloh's pov)

My phone buzzed in my pocket and my heart sunk as I read the contact. It's Xena.....I take a deep breath then answer "hey, what's up"

"I just wanted to tell you I've moved Jude to your dorm and you guys are gonna be roomies for a bit....if that's okay"

"That's great! You know I hate living alone!"

"Right, because you're scary"

"No! Because......I enjoy the company of other people"

"Right... anyway, tell Jude for me. For some reason he's not answering my calls"

"Hmm? That's weird. I'll let him know"

"Okay, bye"

This honestly sucks, Jude is treating Xena like she's a murderer and we don't even have any evidence that it's her!

I call him immediately "hello?"

"Why are you ignoring Xena?"

"I just.... it's hard for me to talk to her"

"Why?! You don't even know if she's guilty or not!"

"But Shi....she acts so normal, like....like she's used to seeing human corpses! Did you see her reaction?!"