Chapter 19

(Xena's pov)

I made it to Wakie late last night and got right to work. I've already been to his hotel room, the whole place has been wiped clean. Now I know something's up, I just need to know what the hell is going on.

"You ready?" Elektra asks as she loads her pistol.

"Elektra, we're just asking to see the security cameras. There's no need for a gun"

"You never know." She said.

I know I can't talk her out of bringing it so I'll just leave it alone.

🥷🏾

We walk up to the front desk.

"Hey, sorry to bother you but I really need to check the security cameras. It's an emergency"

"What happened? Is everything okay?" The woman replied.

"Im just looking for my father, he stayed here a few weeks back and I'd like to know when he left and who he was with"

"I'm sorry ma'am but I can grant guests access to the cameras, you'll have to come back here with the police"

Elektra reaches for her gun and I grab her wrist.

"It won't take long and I won't tell anyone about it. I'll even pay you if you want"

"I'm sorry ma'am, you'll have to come back with an officer"

Crap.

Elektra pulls out her gun without the woman noticing and held it out of her view.

"I'll tell you what, you either let us in the back to view the tape or we'll just walk back there without your permission. Your choice." Elektra says.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave before I call security"

Elektra grabs the woman by the collar of her uniform and pull her forward so that they're face to face.

She placed the barrel of the gun under the woman's chin.

"If you press that button you'll lose that finger. Put your hands where I can see them"

"Elektra."

"Back off Xena. I'm not hurting her, she's fine."

I'm not going to intervene until it gets too serious, as long as nobody is getting hurt it's okay.

The woman puts both of her hands in the air.

"Good girl. Now, can you lead us to the security cameras please? We have places to be"

The woman led us to a room with lots of monitors and computers. She approach one of the computers and sat down.

"Can you tell me the date you're looking for?"

"Just move, we got it from here. You just sit there quietly."

We spent about an hour looking through all of the footage, hoping we recognized someone.

Finally we found the recording with my father on it. In the video He was walking with a tall man with black shades on.

My father, that man and all of his bodyguards all left the building together.

"I know this guy. My father used to deal with him. He works for Tony, the dope guy."

"Why is he with my father?"

"Why don't we go ask him? I'll have my guys find him so we can chat" she turned her attention back to the woman. "We appreciate your help." She said.

I deleted all of the footage for today and disabled the camera so we're not caught leaving. Then, we were on our way.