50

(Jaylin's pov)

It's our first day living together as a group and it's been ...... Tense.

Shiloh and Elektra apparently have beef and both Jude & Shiloh have been avoiding Xena for some reason.

It's a suffocating atmosphere.

"Alright. What's our next course of action? I was thinking, we should sneak into Lance's house and try to find that room" Xena suggests

"There's no way in hell I'm going back in there!" I protest.

Elektra rolls her eyes "so who volunteers as tribute?"

Everyone stays silent and she huffs "fine. I'll go"

"You shouldn't go alone" Xena says, pacing.

"I won't be alone. I'll take a few of my men with me"

"It's still too risky. Maybe if there's a distraction...." She looks over at me.

"What?"

"If you go in and pose as a traitor, you can keep him busy and distracted! His place isn't too heavily guarded, most of his security is just cameras. We just have to find someone who can hack into surveillance cameras"

I look at Jude expectantly and he sighs "I can do that...."

"What?! I didn't know you were a hacker!" Shiloh shouts

"I'm not a 'hacker' okay?! I.... I just so happen to have an older brother that was really into this stuff....he taught me a thing or two that's all."

"I see why that organization wants you so badly. You really are valuable huh?" Elektra says teasingly

He blushes and stammers "I-eh well, I guess, yeah, sure"

Shiloh laughs "what can we do to help?"

"The three of us will be look outs. Making sure no one enters the home or leaves the home without Jaylin and Elektra knowing. We'll also be the ones that bail them out if things go south. "

"Sounds good" Elektra stands up and stretches "now what's for breakfast?"

*A week later/ Lance's home office*

"How ya feelin?" Xena speaks through my ear piece.

I sigh, not wanting to answer just in case I'm being watched. I don't want my cover blown "I know, just hang in there. Everyone's already in their positions"

I wait for what feels like a thousand years for Lance to enter the room.

(Jude's pov)

The atmosphere is so awkward. We still haven't apologized for thinking Xena was a murderer and....yeah.

I clear my throat "is uh..... Elektra in yet?" I look over her shoulder at the laptop in her lap. On screen is live footage of Elektra stealthily walking around looking for the room or death...or whatever.

"Yeah, she's in"

"Why aren't her men with her?" Shi asks

Xena shrugs "Elektra prefers to do things alone. Her men are close by so if anything goes wrong they'll step in"

"Oh....cool."

This is actually horrible.

After a few long moments I sigh obnoxiously "fine! I'll say it. Xena sorry for thinking you tortured and killed people, it was wrong and ignorant and...I should've just come to you and asked. I'm sorry that happened to your men"