Chapter 9

(Shiloh's pov)

Xena probably thinks I'm a crazy person. One minute I'm yelling at her for helping us and now I'm thanking her.

"Way to go Shiloh you've done it again" I said out loud to myself.

Mom told me about Bolt Academy and all of its new benefits but I'm just not sure I want to go. Bolt Academy is so far away I'd have to travel by train to visit my parents.

If I go, the academy will pay for dad's medical. Mom would be able to retire and live comfortably thanks to the allowance and food we get weekly. I'll have to live on campus but it'll all be paid for, we'd literally live carefree.

Once I graduate I'll be making millions, it's almost too good to be true. What's bothering me most is the fact that I won't know anyone there!

I don't know how to make friends! I'll be the "weird guy" and that's like my worst nightmare! I let out a loud groan.

"but I guess I have no choice but to attend"

🫧

(Jude's pov)

I've already submitted my letter and now I'm just waiting to hear back from them. I wonder what's taking so long.

Maybe I didn't get in?

I look around at my mom's shop and let out a sigh "I really don't want to do this for the rest of my life" I say burying my face into my hands

"uh?.....delivery?" I hear a man say.

I look up and see the guy that was sitting in front of the shop a while ago. He's so handsome today.

"Hey! It's you!" I say as I look him up and down."you clean up nicely".

"thanks. Here's your orbs" he sits a bag on the counter.

"thanks, so...how have you been?" I ask, he gives me a confused look then looks back down at his checklist.

"I've been great, and you?"

"I've been well, so....did you hear about bolt academy?! They're letting people in for free!"

"Yeah I know, I've already sent my letter in"

I gasp dramatically and he rolls his eyes. "no way! Me too! I hope we both get accepted!"

"Yeah, me too. I'll see you there" he said before leaving the store.

🥷🏾

(Xena's pov)

My team and I have accepted 125 students and rejected 307 students so far. All of them are middle-class. I'm hoping to see Shiloh's letter and anyone else from KV.

"Lets call it a day guys, good work" I say before excusing myself from the meeting.

The first semester begins in a month, we have no time to waste.

🧚🏼‍♀️

(Shiloh's pov)

I still haven't heard back from Bolt Academy, it's been about two weeks. I really hope I get accepted, mom hasn't been feeling too good. I can't afford a hospital visit so I'm just hoping she doesn't get worse.

The seamstress; whose name I now know is Sky and I have been hanging out a lot more.

I stop by her house everyday around lunch time to eat with her, she's really funny and talented.

Recently she attempted to teach me how to ride a bike, I ran into a tree and embarrassed myself and I'll never try again! But it was still nice to spend time with her.

Now when we go for a bike ride, I just sit on her luggage carrier or handle bars and let her do all the peddling. She takes me to this spot that overlooks the village and we just sit and talk, and sometimes we play games or draw. She's the first friend I've ever made and I'm so proud of myself.

🥷🏾

(Xena's pov)

After hours of rejecting contestants I'd began to lose hope. Maybe he really didn't send a letter? Maybe he doesn't want my help? He's so annoying. I sent my team home early and stayed late going through all of the emailed letters we got.

And then it hit me.

"he doesn't own electronics!" I say to myself out loud.

I rush over to the pile of mailed letters I had sitting on a file cabinet and looked for his family name. There it was, plain as day "Shiloh Green".