Chapter 10

(Jude's pov)

I received my acceptance letter in the mailbox a few days ago and now I'm packing my bags. Bolt Academy here I come!

🧚🏼‍♀️

(Shiloh's pov)

I just received my letter today and I don't know what to do. My mom is really sick and I can't just leave her. I can't afford to pay someone to be her caretaker and Bolt Academy is so far away I can't just travel back and forth. I don't get health care benefits until I get my student ID from the academy.

I rub my hands down my face and let out a groan "I hate my life" I yell.

🥷🏾

(Xena's pov)

I've accepted all 500 students and now I can finally breathe. I've been under a lot of stress lately, worrying about KV. My father won't be there to give a speech to all of this years students so, of course I'll be doing that as well. The investigator finally got back to me and apparently my father wired the money to some guy in Wakie (country). Before he left; he told me that's where he was headed and that he'd be gone for a week. Did the business deal go left? Is he safe?

🫧

(Jude's pov)

I got off the train and looked up in amazement.

Bolt Academy is humongous!

I feel like an ant!

It's a tall silver building with black shiny outlines, the landscaping is modern and sleek with a contemporary feel to it.

As soon as I entered the building I saw a portrait of a man and his daughter. She couldn't have been older than two. Under it was a name plate that said

"Jerry Bolt and his daughter Xena Bolt"

under that is a bunch of writing talking about why Mr. Bolt decided to make the academy.

The whole building is exquisite and classy. I don't feel like I belong here or even deserve to be here.

I made my way to the front desk and gave the lady my student ID number. She sent me to the back to get my picture taken for my ID then I went to my dorm to drop my luggage off.

🥷🏾

(Xena's pov)

I have to give my speech in 30 minutes and I just can't wait for it to be over. I've never seen Bolt Academy in person, it's absolutely breathtaking.

My father put in a lot of work to get this academy off of the ground, I'm proud of him. Now everyone here will be trained to work for him.

There are 5 different courses available to the students. I'm interested in which one Shiloh will pick.

"Excuse me Ms. Bolt, it's time for the speech" I stand up and follow the woman to the stage.

I walk on stage and stand at the podium while I wait for all of the students to enter. After everyone was there I began

"I'd like to start off by saying congratulations to the contestants that we're accepted this year, I hope you do well"

The crowd applauds and cheers.

"I'd like to welcome all of you to the academy, let's work hard and deligently. Don't let me down." I say, the crowd applauds as I leave the stage.

🥷🏾

Backstage I'm greeted by Sheldon, an old friend of my father's; and his son Jaylin.

"You're a natural, your father should be proud" he said

"what brings you all the way here sir?" I ask.

There's no way he could afford to attend; and I know for a fact that Jaylin didn't send us a letter.

"We saved up every cent for the last year and a half just so Jaylin could attend. Heartwarming ain't it?"

I look over a Jaylin who is noticeably uncomfortable, then I walked off without saying another word.