Chapter 30

(Shiloh's pov)

I woke up to Xena gently patting me on the shoulder. "Hey....I think you had too much to drink back at the restaurant." She said.

I sat straight up in my seat. "Sorry! I usually hug something when I sleep so....yeah. My dad used to hate sleeping next to me for that reason"

She smiles at me. I love her smile, it's warm and comforting. "I don't mind being cuddled, it's just.....you have a girlfriend and I just don't think that it's appropriate"

A feeling of embarrassment washed over me, then guilt.

"Yeah.... you're right."

Xena takes out her phone and checks the time. "It's 10:39 I should get you boys home. You can't get in after 11" she says starting the car.

I don't want the night to end. I wish we could spend the night out here, under the stars.

🥷🏾

(Xena's pov)

He's fallen asleep again. Of course he did. The whole ride home I thought about him cuddling me, it was cute but inappropriate.

I pulled up to Bolt Academy and tapped Shiloh on the shoulder "we're here, you have about 8 minutes to get inside" I said.

He opened his eyes and looked around, still half-asleep. "Ow, I have a crook in my neck" he said

"Yeah you slept like a toddler, just letting your head hang"

He rubs the back of his neck with his fingertips, "it's hurts so bad right here"

"Where? Let me see"

He grabs one of my fingers and places it on the back of his neck "right here, do you feel that?"

Why is he so touchy today? Maybe he just thinks we've gotten closer.

I was silent for a moment before laughing "feel what? There's nothing there." I said.

🫧

(Jude's pov)

The feeling of the car turning off woke me up. To my surprise we were in front of Bolt Academy.

Xena was rubbing the back of Shiloh's neck with her middle finger as he held her wrist. The eye contact was intense, they held eye contact the whole time they were talking then Xena looked away.

I feel like I'm interrupting something.

I yawn loudly, "are we already back? I don't want to go inside!"

"I know. Spending the night under the stars is so much better than spending the night in my dorm alone" Shiloh said

"We should all go camping some day, it'll be fun" I suggest.

"Definitely. Let's plan it some other time. You guys are going to get locked out if you don't hurry" Xena said starting her car again.

"Oh shit! Come on Shi! Goodbye Xena, it was nice meeting you! I had a great time!" I said getting out and helping Shiloh out of the car.

"It was nice meeting you too! Shiloh, catch up on 'love, day by day' so we can all watch it together next month!"

"I will! Goodnight Xena, drive safe!"

She gave us a nod then took off.

I looked at Shiloh knowingly, "so....you have a crush on Xena?"

"What?! No!"

"Bullshit! I saw the way you looked at her when she was rubbing the back of your neck just now. I bet you don't even have a crook in your neck do you?!"