Chapter 36

(Xena's pov)

He flopped down onto the bed and almost instantly fell asleep.

He's wearing a beige knitted set that really compliments his complexion. He looks good in nude colors and reds in my opinion. I've never see him in earthy tones but I bet they look stunning on him as well.

I covered him with a heated blanket and slipped his house slippers off. I took this opportunity to admire his beauty, he's like an angel.

I couldn't stop myself from running my fingers through his wavy hair, it's so soft and shiny.

I ran the back of my knuckles along his cheek. His skin is perfect too, I wonder what his routine is. I looked down at his lips, I don't think I've ever seen them chapped. He's so well groomed, he takes care of himself well.

"Ahem" I hear a voice from behind me that made me jump.

I turned around and made eye contact with an angry Casey. "Are you coming to bed or are you gonna stroke his face some more?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

His sarcasm brought me back to reality. What the hell am I doing right now? This is so creepy!

"Uh, yeah. I'm coming" I glanced at Shiloh one last time before leaving the room.

🏈

(Jaylin's pov)

I can't sleep after seeing what I saw at that party. People, hanging there on hooks that pierced straight through their shoulder blades.

There was a huge glass aquarium, that was full of blood and water. Body parts were floating around inside and crashing against the glass.

I can't help but think that I was spotted leaving, maybe I'm paranoid but I feel like I'm being followed and watched. They're going to kill me, I just know it.

At the dinner table, everyone sat down and ate what they served. Everyone except me, Elektra and Xena.

They must also know something. I don't want them to know that I know, I'm not sure who's behind this and I don't want to get myself killed being too trusting.

Watching everyone eat made me nauseous and I excused myself from the table. Even my father ate it, just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

I hope I'm wrong but I know I'm not. They're cooking and eating human beings.

🧚🏼‍♀️

(Shiloh's pov)

The next morning I rolled out of bed and walked into the bathroom to wash up. Sitting on the countertop near the sink is a folded pink cotton two piece set and socks.

Did Xena lay these out for me?

I washed up and went to meet everyone in the dining room for breakfast.

"Good morning" Xena says. Did she just get in this morning?

"Good morning Xena, what time did you get in last night?"

She looked confused for a split second then she laughed. "You shouldn't drink so much, especially when we're monitoring your health"

She's right but I hate when nags me "I know, I wasn't planning on drinking so much. Lola and I got a bit carried away"

"Why were you two drinking anyway?"

"Oh because my heart was broken after Sky......-" Sky broke up with me.....

She broke up with me out of nowhere. It was so sudden and she didn't even give me an explanation.

"Nevermind, it's not important" I said, sitting down at the table.