Chapter 39

(Jaylin's pov)

I made it back to the dorm, expecting Jude to be here waiting for me.

I can be so delusional sometimes.

I haven't showered in days, the smell of that room still clings to my clothes. I can't wait to shower and sleep in my bed. It's been way too long.

🫧

(Jude's pov)

The three of us arrived at what seems like the perfect time. Everyones dancing and laughing, the lines in front of the food booths are really freaking long and the music is at the perfect volume.

I wish I was from KV! Doing this every year would be awesome!

"Come on" Shiloh says leading the way. We walked through the crowd of of KV residents and I admired their costumes, I can tell they put lots of thought into them.

Shiloh led us to the lake side.

(Similar to this)

"ta-da!" he said beaming. "I've never been here with people other than my parents so I'm super excited."

"This is a really peaceful spot, have you ever gone fishing here?" I ask

He shakes his head "Nope. My dad used to though"

He unfolds the blanket and spreads it out "there, lets sit and wait for mom"

I glance over at the KV residents dancing and smiled "you guys chill here, the dance floor is calling me!" I ran into the crowd of people and started dancing. They accepted me with open arms and dance alongside me.

🧚🏼

(Shiloh's pov)

"Welp. There he goes" Xena laughs.

"Yeah, I knew he wouldn't sit here too long."

"He's super social, I love that about him"

I stand up and offer Xena my hand "let me show you around?"

She smiles and takes my hand.

                           //////////////////

I show her around the festival, taking her to every booth. We looked at handmade jewelery, crystals, art pieces and much more.

We tasted samples of food from every food stand and even did a little wine tasting together.

I convinced her to play a few games, she wasn't confident that she could win but I encouraged her to try anyway.

She won a few games and got some cute prizes, she seems to happy about them. It's kind of sweet.

                          /////////////

"And you said you were terrible at games" I smile