FIVE; GLASS TABLE GIRLS

(E) FIVE; GLASS TABLE GIRLS (S2E9)

_____

"Katherine," spat Estella, glaring at the brunette vampire with hatred. Katherine only smirked back, which made Estella angrier.

"Good to see you too, Estella."

"Sad to say that the feeling is not mutual," growled Estella, now switching her glare to Elena. Estella was astounded by how much she wanted answers, even to go so far as to question Katherine.

Katherine directed her attention to her doppelgänger. She leaned against the rock, letting out a small cough.

"Hello Elena, come to watch me wither away?" Katherine rasped, the lack of blood in her system making her body weak. She looked at Caroline. "Goodbye, Caroline."

Caroline glanced at Elena with a worried look, but Elena gave her a reassuring smile that she was going to be fine. Caroline shot Estella and Katherine one more feared look before flashing away in a second.

"Stefan know you're here?" Katherine asked Elena, smirking to herself because she already knew the answer.

"I brought you some things," Elena stated, completely avoiding the topic of Stefan.

"You what?" Estella said incredulously, looking at Elena was a shocked look as the doppelgänger pulled items out of the bag.

"You came to bribe me," scoffed Katherine. "What is it that you want?"

Elena tossed some clothes past the barrier and said, "I want you to tell me about Klaus."

Estella clamped her mouth shut. She wasn't going to have Elena know about Estella's extensive knowledge about Klaus and the rest of the Originals. She directed her gaze on Katherine, who looked smug.

"You've been busy," Katherine sang, noticing the book in Elena's hands. Estella noticed the old writing that she recognized to be Bulgarian, which meant it was Katherine's family history.

"It says in here that the family line ended with you. Obviously that's not true," Elena remarked with a cocked eyebrow.

"You think that if you brought me some family keepsake that I'd open up?" Katherine asked Elena, looking at her as if she were crazy. Estella didn't blame her, had she been in Katherine's shoes, it would take a lot more for her to even speak.

Elena dug through the bag and the smell of blood hit Estella nose. The blonde involuntarily licked her lips. Katherine tried to reach out for the blood, but the invisible barrier stop her movements. She let out a small growl, eyeing the red liquid in Elena's hands hungrily.

"You don't look so good," Elena taunted, looking at Katherine wearily. "How long before your body shuts down? 10, 20 years? Must be painful to desiccate and mummify. I can't even imagine."

Katherine glared at Elena's smug face, sliding down the wall to sit down. She moved her gaze to Estella for a split second before focusing on the blood. Elena unscrewed the cap of the water bottle, pouring out the thick liquid into a dixie cup. Katherine watched with hungry eyes. Katherine shifted to the very edge of the barrier, wanting the blood almost as much as Estella did. Elena used a stick to push the warm blood over to Katherine, where she took the cup and drank the minuscule amount greedily.

"You have the Petrova fire," Katherine stated, gulping down the blood and crushing the cup in her hand.

"More blood?" Elena asked, raising an eyebrow and ignoring Katherine's comment.