TWENTY-SEVEN; THE TWENTIES

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

TWENTY-SEVEN; THE TWENTIES (S3E3)

~

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." Estella frowned as she hoped out of the black car Klaus was driving. She hadn't a clue why they were at the city, but she knew she definitely wanted answers.

"Chicago?" Estella questioned. "Why Chicago? What are we doing here?"

Klaus walked over to a small door, clicking the lock and opening it to reveal the city.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days," Klaus remarked.

"Blocked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur," Stefan stated.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what makes it legend," Klaus said. Estella looked at him warily; he was up to something.

"Word was the Ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun," Klaus informed.

Estella thought back to her days during that time—it was just a little before she left Klaus.

Flashback

"Niklaus Mikaelson, why, look at this mess!" Estella exclaimed, looking around at their house. She set down her purse and stepped over a woman's body.

"Your home. Would you like to join in?" Klaus asked the blonde. Estella raised an eyebrow as she scanned the living room.

"Where's your sister? I doubt she'd let you be so careless," Estella said.

"She's out, probably falling in love again. Have a little fun, sweetheart. This one is quite tasty," Klaus informed, pushing a woman towards her.

Estella grabbed her by the shoulders and dug her fangs into the woman's neck. She sucked her dry, letting the body drop to the ground.

"You were right, Nik. Very delicious," Estella commented, wiping the blood from her lips. Klaus smirked, grabbing the blonde's hand and twirling her towards him.

"What do you say we go to Chicago, my love?" Klaus asked her. Estella furrowed her eyebrows, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Chicago?" Estella asked. "What's so great about Chicago?"

"Lots of things. There's the parties, the alcohol..." Klaus trailed off, his hands set on Estella's waist.

"Careful what you say, Mr. Mikaelson! Talking of such things could land you in jail," Estella whispered, a smirk on her lips as she leaned closer to him.

Klaus grinned back at her before placing his lips on top of hers.

Flashback over

Estella blinked, letting go on the necklace clutched her in her hands.

"Chicago was magical," Klaus breathed. Estella looked at him, knowing he was directing that statement to her.

Chicago was where they spent a lot of their lovely moments together. Many times Klaus took Estella out on the town, bringing her out on dates and lavish parties.

It was there that Estella broke his heart, as well.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it," Stefan stated.